“Authentic Vietnamese cuisine and genuine owner-chef”
Review of Chez tung

Chez tung
Ranked #32 of 336 Restaurants in Amiens
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had read lots of reviews of Chez Tung, so was very keen to try it out. Chez Tung is on a small side street and quite simple in terms of decor. Mr Tung, the owner and chef, made me feel very welcome on a quiet Tuesday night. I ordered the house speciality, a dish consisting of vermicelli noodles, beef and salad, spiced with Vietnamese herbs and spices. I had eaten this dish in Vietnam and it tasted exactly the same - eating it even made me feel like I was back there! I ordered a carafe of rose, which was very nice and what I really liked was that there was no rush to have me leave. The restaurant was steady throughout the evening, with some takeaway customers too. The service is relaxed and unpretentious and the quality of the food excellent. I will be going back again the next time I'm in Amiens.

1  Thank mridolfo

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Excellent value for money. Very flavorable food and friendly service. Special dishes prepared for children. Delicious cakes.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Absolutely first class dining experience. We struggled to find the place having read the reviews on here but it is well worth the effort!

Tung, the part owner (with his French wife) is clearly passionate and it shows. He talked us through the menu and was very flexible in meeting our dining needs.

My 3 year old daughter wanted noodles and chicken and some spring rolls and this is exactly what she got. She loved it. And to cap it off got a wonderful piece of cheesecake for dessert, all for 4 euros!

Mine and my partners meals were equally impressive (mine nicer marginally :) ) Must have is the authentic Vietnamese salad for main. One of the nicest things I have eaten in a restaurant in a long time. Suck amazing flavours, fresh with lots of herbs.

I too had the cheesecake (adult portion) and it was delicious).

Would like to reccommend this to anyone, I'd go back like a shot if anywhere near in the future.

Plus 7 euros for a carafe of decent enough wine, whats not to like!

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Friendly welcome, metal tables, menu on the blackboard and a choice of Thai based flavours make this a good choice for something different. We shared the two entreés- tiny prawn nems and sausages with citronelle followed by a recommended bun- Thai salad of lettuce, cucumber, vermicelli, slices of beef with peanuts and nems all flavoured with basil, mint and fish sauce. Wow! What flavours! It really works. The desserts are homemade cheesecake and a lemon tart. The wine was a white Bergerac, which was perfect with the main course. All this was fully explained to us in a delightful mix of French and English.Good value.
( But do go to the loo- quite interesting! )

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Checked out Trip Adviser and Vietnamese sounded really nice. We had our little daughter with us and it was quite late, the Owner was so friendly to my daughter he brought her cookies, bubble gum water and she was really happy. The food was amazing, they don't have too much choice ( which is usually a good sign). The Desserts were also amazing, they had lemon meringue, home made and i know how difficult it is to make it that nice.