Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes"
$108
$92
  • Breakfast included
$97
$83
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
Campanile Amiens Centre Gare(Amiens)(Great Value!)
$80
$105
$82
$202
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Victor Hugo(Amiens)(Great Value!)
$71
$63
Hotels.com
$95
$78
$47
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed for two nights as part of a tour of the WW1 battlefields. It was an impromptu visit, and we had not researched or planned the trip. Jacques, the owner, had a lot of material handy and gave some excellent advice on where to visit. This definitely made for a successful trip. We also needed some washing done, and after asking Jacques where we could do it locally, he offered to wash our clothes for us. His breakfasts were hearty, and the room was very nice - more than adequate - with an ensuite, microwave and small fridge. Jacques was very keen to help where he could. For us, the crowning glory was when we accidentally left some money behind and Jacques went out of his way to return it. We would definitely recommend it to our friends who will also be touring the area in a couple of months - excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for the ensuite room
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
jacksAllonville, Propriétaire at Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes", responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thanks John and Belinda for your visit and your so nice comment. It was a pleasure for me also to share a few moments talking about Picardie , art and our common history. I am always impressed to realize how young people may be interested by this crual first world war and how you were open to know more about mankind evolution even with Samara and Jules verne and so on . Australia so far and so close thanks to you ! perfect ambassadors of a young country so self reliant and so interesting in many aspects. I wish you a nice trip to switzerland and Egypt. It was a pleasure to meet you .

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I was on a cycling tour of the Somme area and had booked into Les Trois Plmes (3 Feathers.)
On the day of my arrival I had cycled from Cambrai to Allonville in appalling weather. I arrived drenched and tired. When i arrived the host, Jacques Fauquembergue, greeted me at the gate. Helped me unload the bike and offered me a very welcoming beer! Jacques English is faultless, which is fortunate as my French is a bit basic! The accommodation is very nice and although I had to use the family shower facilities I never felt I was being obtrusive. (There is another room with en suite facilities) Jacques cooked me a wonderful meal and breakfast was plentiful. All in all, a superb stay in a nice house in a great location. Will definitely return. Free wifi was an added bonus too!

Room Tip: Ask for the en suite if available
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Gillsfan59
jacksAllonville, Propriétaire at Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes", responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thanks Tom for your comment, I've been pleased to welcome you giving me the opportunity to be helpful. It is a real pleasure to open my door and try to welcome the traveller and sportsman you are after such a physical challenge and effort.
Its like an honour when I realize your determination and courage to leave a comfortable and daily peaceful life to venture abroad only with your bicycle and a few light bags... a kind of modern pilgrimer really!
You know my place and you know how this area "La Picardie" so close to UK may be interesting with history, architecture, arts, nature, sea-side...
See you soon Tom!
Regards

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed at les 3 Plumes on our way to France and were welcomed like old friends with fresh orange juice in the lovely, very private garden. As we decided to get some food to eat in the garden, we were pleasantly surprised by the owner Jacques who came to spoil us with a deliciously fresh salad from his own garden.
The beds are very confortable, and the baby bed even came with a real mattress.
Breakfast was evenly pleasant with fresh croissants & coffee before we went along.
Overall a perfect stop over place for anyone in need of a good night's sleep on the way.
Thank you Jacques for your hospitality & see you around, maybe in Shanghai!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MarliesinChina
jacksAllonville, Propriétaire at Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes", responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2012

Thanks a lot dear guest, its first a pleasure to hear about you after your trip in Europe.
I 've been really pleased to meet you and share this moment. It was a sunny afternoon and a nice time for children even to play with water! Picardie maybe warm and relaxing...as you've observed.

I' m always surprised as well how pleasant it is to open its door and realize how close we maybe despite the distances, experiences, age and story life! It was pleasure to meet you on your way to family holydays. I'm grateful for your confidence it was a pleasure to host you , daughter and parents.
I wish you all the best in Shangai and for your family. Thanks for your so kind comment.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We spent two nights at this lovely, intimate B&B about ten minutes outside of Amiens in the small village of Allonville. The host, Jacques and his wife were interesting and helpful. Jacques, a former librarian, researches a lot about things of interest in the area and is willing to discuss and share. Accommodations were comfortable.There is a lovely garden and the area is nice to explore. If you are thinking of doing any type of WW1 battlefield trip, it is a quiet and peaceful place for a day of furlough.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
jacksAllonville, Propriétaire at Chambre d'hotes "Les Trois Plumes", responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thanks for your so kind words. I would like to let you know the real pleasure it was to share with you about history in this area and ww1, it reveals also many extensions of our common history obviously. Even more with our common links about this world and its orientations, questions, beauties, problems and social questions about education and so on.
Hospitality is nevertheless a nice challenge, with you it was a pleasure because we feel friendship and we share words and opinions... a real conversation we do need more and more nowadays.
It was my challenge when starting hosting guests : meet people, speak english, share the house and conversation and try to do best.
Thanks to write my pleasure is to answer and know i have pen friends now!!
Friendly yours

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Very pleasant location and residence. Jacques was a very welcoming and friendly host kindly putting on a hot meal after our long day of cycling. The rooms were very clean offering a good nights sleep, and the breakfast was pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 23, 2012

Thanks to these two English cyclists!
- I've been happy to meet you two young sportsmen, and adapt to sports guest arriving drenched to the skin and freezing.
It's an opportunity to be helpful with people coping outside with a bad meteo, like real pilgrimers, I realize how useful we can be when hosting people rambling or cycling... a challenge we share!
Congratulations to them riding through our country, taking time to admire and discover La Picardie!
A pleasure for the guest as well!