“You won't regret it!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Ben J
“You won't regret it!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014 for a stay in July 2014

First and foremost, Jacqueline and Jim were great! Very kind and personable, gave great recommendations for sites to see, and are fantastic cooks. One of the highlights of your trip to France was the food and I will advise you to have them cook you a meal or two... or three... it was amazing and fresh from the garden. They truly made you feel at home with their hospitality and for novice travelers like my wife and I, they made you feel very comfortable and well looked after.
Can't recommend them enough and if we do France again, I'll have to stay with them. It's a no brainer.
Thank you for the highlight of our trip.
B&L

Reviewed June 29, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Reviewed June 29, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Aspen_Gir...
Durango, Colorado
“A Wonderful Stay With a Gracious Host”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

I am so incredibly happy that I extended our original booking from one night to three nights! I had originally believed that the Maison was too far from the D-Day beaches to stay for our entire Normandy trip, but the drive only took a little over an hour, and Eric and I found some wonderful hidden gems in the French countryside that we wouldn't have found if we'd not made the commute!

We arrived at Montitier on Friday, and after a train trip from Paris to Caen, and a drive from Caen that included a few D-Day sites, we were exhausted! Jacquie welcomed us with open arms and made us a pot of English tea while we freshened up. Our room was absolutely beautiful, with exposed beams, a skylight, a lovely bathroom, and even a view of Mont St-Michel!

The next morning, we went back to the beaches early, but Jacquie had set up our breakfast the night before so we were able to eat a delicious and filling breakfast before our adventure! That night, Jacquie cooked us a delicious four-course meal that I can honestly say was one of the best meals I ate in France, accompanied, of course, by some Normandy cidre. The pre-salted lamb, which feeds on the salt marshes in the bay, was especially heavenly!

Jacquie is a wonderful host, who will fill you up with an enormous Continental-style breakfast in the morning, and cook you dinner for a very reasonable price if you'd like. You get to make friends with her very friendly dog, and gaze at the Mont across the bay, and watch the sheep and cows come home from the marshes in the evening.

The Maison was in the perfect area for exploring Mont St-Michel, west Normandy, and east Brittany. I had planned a driving route that would take us to the Mont, St Malo, Dinan, and Fougeres, but we enjoyed the Mont and St Malo (an incredibly beautiful seaside town - highly recommended!) so much that we spent the majority of our time in those places alone and made a mad dash to Fougeres at the very end to see the castle walls!

Everything about our stay was perfect, and I would go back in a heartbeat if I could. Thank you for a fantastic experience, Jacquie!

Wheelers Hill, Australia

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Hobart
Reviewed May 9, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Milan
Reviewed May 8, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
$92
/ Night
Make Inquiry
How to book this rental
Submit an inquiry to the owner using the above make inquiry button
The owner will respond with a quote.  We encourage owners to respond within 24 hours
You will be able to send additional messages and pay for the quote through the TripAdvisor Rental Inbox
Payments made through the TripAdvisor Rental inbox are covered by Payment Protection
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your vacation rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing