“A Wonderful Stay With a Gracious Host”
other travelers have booked this property
Maison du Montitier
Le Mont St Michel 5k from Mont St Michel, deal location for Normandy & Brittany.
A warm comfy lounge.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
A warm comfy lounge.
Libary corner.
Kitchen, with washing machine available for a small charge.
Breakfast/dinning.
Tea and coffee always available, free, and un-limited.
Bedroom
Bath room, St Michel, also has a bath tub, as well as power shower..
Running of the sheep too the Bay in front of the house,every morning and again in the evening.
Fabulous , stunning, breath-taking.
Pre sal agnew a special salted lamb, fed on the salt grass in the bay.
On a misty January morning
christmas
Gite du Servon 8km from Le Mont St Michel 3 km from maison du montitier
Gite du Servon lounge
Ground floor bedroom Gite du Servon 2nd bedroom on the first floor
5 kl from the house , and can be seen from the property,le mont st michel, breath-taking.
Gazebo, alfresco dinning.
Gite du Servon second floor bedroom suite
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Aspen_Gir...
Durango, Colorado
“A Wonderful Stay With a Gracious Host”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

I am so incredibly happy that I extended our original booking from one night to three nights! I had originally believed that the Maison was too far from the D-Day beaches to stay for our entire Normandy trip, but the drive only took a little over an hour, and Eric and I found some wonderful hidden gems in the French countryside that we wouldn't have found if we'd not made the commute!

We arrived at Montitier on Friday, and after a train trip from Paris to Caen, and a drive from Caen that included a few D-Day sites, we were exhausted! Jacquie welcomed us with open arms and made us a pot of English tea while we freshened up. Our room was absolutely beautiful, with exposed beams, a skylight, a lovely bathroom, and even a view of Mont St-Michel!

The next morning, we went back to the beaches early, but Jacquie had set up our breakfast the night before so we were able to eat a delicious and filling breakfast before our adventure! That night, Jacquie cooked us a delicious four-course meal that I can honestly say was one of the best meals I ate in France, accompanied, of course, by some Normandy cidre. The pre-salted lamb, which feeds on the salt marshes in the bay, was especially heavenly!

Jacquie is a wonderful host, who will fill you up with an enormous Continental-style breakfast in the morning, and cook you dinner for a very reasonable price if you'd like. You get to make friends with her very friendly dog, and gaze at the Mont across the bay, and watch the sheep and cows come home from the marshes in the evening.

The Maison was in the perfect area for exploring Mont St-Michel, west Normandy, and east Brittany. I had planned a driving route that would take us to the Mont, St Malo, Dinan, and Fougeres, but we enjoyed the Mont and St Malo (an incredibly beautiful seaside town - highly recommended!) so much that we spent the majority of our time in those places alone and made a mad dash to Fougeres at the very end to see the castle walls!

Everything about our stay was perfect, and I would go back in a heartbeat if I could. Thank you for a fantastic experience, Jacquie!

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Wheelers Hill, Australia
Reviewed June 6, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Everything!
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Hobart

Cirencester
Reviewed April 25, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing