“Luxurious accommodations - the only way to see Mont St. Michel is to stay long enough so the tour buses leave.”

Hotel Croix Blanche
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Mont-Saint-Michel
Winnipeg
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Our family of four wanted to stay "on site" in Mont St. Michel to see it without all the tourists, so spending the extra money at Hotel Croix Blanche was well worth it. The rooms are excellent and we had an excellent night sleep. We usually stay in lower-priced hotels, but this was a worthwhile splurge for us. Breakfast was pricey, so we skipped it and ate on our way out.

Parking in the causeway lot was free if you showed the attendant your reservation email.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank Blue_Bomber_fan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
US
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Pros:
- LOCATION: in the middle of it all. Downstairs entrance from the mainstreet, upstairs entrance directly off the ramparts.
- ROOM: We had the 3 person loft, with the bathroom "down the stairs" in our room. Very charming, newly redone bathroom
- STAFF: Very kind and helpful, english speaking concierge.

Cons:
- No Lobby: Part of another hotel that's cheaper, Auberge St. Pierre, where the lobby is. When you need to check in at this hotel, the entrance off the street takes you to the bar, where the staff welcomes you and helps you right away.
- Not on the cheap side
- Common area on the 2nd floor was kind of tiny with no view of the water

Hotel offers room service, mini bar, full amenities like any other hotel. The beds were very comfortable and the bathrooms were really nice. Was in an old building but the hotel rooms looked newly redone. Spiral staircase up 4 or 5 flights, and no elevator in sight, but there may be one. Had internet and printer on the common area. There's a restaurant with a bar that occupies the first two stories, but didn't eat there so I can't comment on it. Had out door seatings as the windows were right on the ramparts.

Breakfast buffet was a few doors down at the Auberge St. Pierre, the sister hotel, and was held in a 1600's era dining room. Good buffet with scrambled eggs, bacon, crepe bar, fruit, cereal, bread/pastry bar, and coffee/juices.

Very satisfied with stay. Wish it was a bit cheaper, but had no car so we had to stay on the island. Was worth it anyway.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank VacationsAreSoFun
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed September 29, 2008

Great location right in Le Mont St Michel. It was a bit pricey based on the size and quality of the room (surprisingly large and good) as compared to other hotels in France outside Paris, but the price seemed very reasonable for Mt St Michel. There is no elevator, so be prepared to carry your luggage up several flights. Checkin is at their sister property - Auberge St Pierre. They provide parking, but chances are you will still have to pay for a days' worth before you check in and receive the pass that let's you into the speacial lot for overnight visitors. My only serious complaint was the absurdly high cost of Wi-Fi internet - easily several euro per hour.

• Stayed August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank dhikeman
San Diego
Reviewed June 25, 2008

My sister and I stayed two nights in this incredible hotel. Our room was about 10 feet from the ramparts of the Mt St Michel, and we were given a key to a door that let us out right on the ramparts. We spent a lot of time alone wandering the nooks and crannies of the village. The room and bathroom were small, but very comfortable and clean. The hotel is in the heart of Mt St Michel, our room had a view on the main street in the village. During the day the village is packed with tour groups but after 4 p.m. the village empties out and you get to experience the feeling of walking the village the way it has been for hundreds of years. The price was very reasonable, only 97 euro per night for a double and an excellent breakfast was available for 13 euro. The staff was helpful and spoke some english.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — Narrow stairs (I know it's petty but that is the only thing I could think of)
  • Stayed April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank AnnaSanDiego
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed June 3, 2005

I just returned from a two-day sojourn at Mont Saint Michel during my last trip to France. It was somewhat difficult to arrange this outing. However, the new tour operators of Westcapades were very helpful in making my Mt. St. Michel adverture possible. I took a train from Paris (Montparnasse) to Rennes and was met by one of the owners of Westcapades who made it her business to make my experience a very happy one for a reasonable price. We drove first to Dinan, a medieval town with amazing wooden buildings, and then to Saint Malo, the wonderful walled city where Jacques Cartier was born, before arriving at Mt. St. Michel. My tour guide was informative and personable, but always gave me the opportunity to explore each destination for myself. Westcapades was willing to leave me overnight at Mt. St. Michel and pick me up on the return tour the following day: this proved to be invaluable, as one can only experience the magical side of this special place when allowed to overnight on site. I stayed at Hotel Croix Blanche and found it to be very reasonable, clean and comfortable. The staff was also very pleasant and other than a somewhat limited menu, I found this hotel most than met my expectations.

• Stayed May 2005
24 Thank vivestar
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 7, 2003

My husband, 8 month old son, and I visited here in October of 2000. The room was "cozy," and the bathroom(s) reminded us of a motor home -- but they worked fine! We had to hike about 4 floors up a spiral staircase (part of the charm -- really!), and the view of "the village" and the upper part of the church (lit at night) was WONDERFUL. It absolutely took us back in time, and was just simply beautiful. The staff spoke limited English, but were very friendly and helpful. We would stay here again in a heartbeat!

27 Thank A TripAdvisor Member