TripAdvisor

from $135.29
from $135.29
from $125.05
13,496 results
All reviews car park the bus audio guide parking lot day trip parking area bucket list shops and restaurants free shuttle amazing place narrow streets off season tourist trap early in the morning take your time worth the climb high tide
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very beautiful and spiritual went in September and crowds were less. Stayed on the island which allowed night lighting on church. Well worth it.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The tour of the abbey was excellent. We loved the beauty and the centuries of history behind this place. It was amazing to see the various layers that were built over the years. Our very favorite part, however, was visiting the abbey before the crowds got there by going to the Laudes service at 6:50 in the morning. It was magical and moving. The monks and nuns sing the service acapella and the sound is just gorgeous in that beautiful old building. If you have the chance to go, skip some sleep and don't miss it!

Date of experience: May 2019
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Mount Saint Michel is a magnificent site. We were there in September 2019 and on the day that we were there, it was not busy at all. I had read about how crowded that it usually is, so this was a pleasant surprise. There is a lot of walking and climbing stairs, so be prepared.

1  Thank pamelaf631
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have dreamed of visiting this gorgeous island and this beautiful abbey for so long.
I got butterfly's in my belly as we approached it from a distance. It is every bit as breathtaking in person as I could ever have imagined. I got a room with the most perfect view of the Abbey lit up right outside my window. The church bells echoed over the island as lay watching the shadows dance through my room. It was better than a dream. The tour that evening inside the stunning cathedral walls was mesmerizing. What a magnificent structure ! The architecture and the courtyards are breathtaking ! I can't wait to visit again...I will be returning.
I loved staying on the island and wandering the streets without all the crowds from the bus tours earlier in the day. And I was able to make time to take my shoes off and walk in the sand to the waters edge and soak my feet. The views of the island from the beach are extraordinary !

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was on my bucket list of places to see and it did not disappoint. There is a lot of uphill walking. To avoid crowds, when you approach the abbey walk to the left and there is an entrance that will take you up while avoiding the gauntlet of tourist shops.

1  Thank Linda S