Book In Advance

from $135.40
from $117.80
from $135.40
12,071 results
All reviews car park the bus audio guide parking lot day trip bucket list shops and restaurants parking area off season amazing place free shuttle tourist trap narrow streets take your time worth the trip early in the morning worth the climb
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I visited Mont saint Michel with my family in April, there has been many changes since my husbands visit 20 year ago. You now park the car in a new car park and transport is provided to the Mont, along the way there are some shops, life size lambs and cows which you can visit if you wish. The Mont itself is magnificent with a winding path of steps through the medieval buildings up to the abbey at the top, with breath-taking views. well worth the visit, you need to be fit to reach the top. On our return to the car park which is pay and display it cost us 12E

2  Thank carol b
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I've been to Europe six times and had never even heard of this place. Our Belgian friends insisted we visit it and I'm so glad they did. We were in a rental car and it was very easy to find - we spotted it miles away while we were still on the highway. The closer we got, the more amazing it looked. We were there early in the day soon after it opened and it wasn't very crowded yet. We walked through the village and then took the shuttle the rest of the way - it's quite a hike. We entered the island to find many "touristy" shops, restaurants and even hotels. As we climbed higher and higher (my calves were sore for 3 days!) we had spectacular views. The church at the top was the only thing that required a purchased ticket. It boggled my mind to think of them building this "city" on an island centuries ago. It would be very difficult to do today. I highly recommend that you visit this amazing place. Warning: I didn't see any elevators and there were MANY steps to climb.

3  Thank RetiredTravelsEnid
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

Transport yourself back to medieval times at Mont St Michel. Architectural feat is truly a magical sight. Quaint village below the abbey. A hearty climb up 300 steps but the view was truly worth it!

1  Thank Cheam T
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Went there on a rainy March day and by the time we got to the island by foot/shuttle (5 min walk to the shuttle stop from the parking lot), the sun came out and it was a delightful place to visit. The site, the abby, everything was just amazing!
Not an easy place to reach (public transport from Paris, from what I understand, is cumbersome), so we had to rent a car, but worth it!!!
If you have a chance to visit it I suggest you make every effort to do so!
Magnificent!!!!

3  Thank TheProGlobetrotter
Reviewed May 18, 2014

If all one could do was stand in the parking lot and observe the Abbaye from a distance, it would be worth the pilgrimage. Mont St. Michel is so magnificent, from a distance, that it gives the impression of being drawn or painted on the horizon. Up close, the architecture and overall accomplishment is remarkable, as well. Even the quaint shops leading up to the entrance are fascinating, if summarily commercial. The one thing I would strongly advise visitors to avoid is restaurants - the food is poorly prepared and ridiculously expensive.

3  Thank comunikat