“Stunning site!”

Mont Saint-Michel Day Trip from Bayeux
$76.25*
Shuttle Service to Mont Saint Michel from Bayeux
More attraction details
Owner description: The Benedictine Abbey of Mont-Saint-Michel is one of the most remarkable examples of mediaeval religious and military architecture and was one of Christianity's most important pilgrimage sites from the 8th to the 18th century.The Abbey comprises a superb ensemble of clerical buildings including the abbey church, the cloister, the refectory, the monks' ambulatory and the gardens of what has been known as the ""Merveille"" (Marvel) since the 12th century. In summer, the Abbaye du Mont-Saint-Michel is best seen in all its splendour after sunset during the special “sons et lumières"" shows. Designated world heritage site by UNESCO. Open:> 2nd May to 31st August: from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.> 1st September to 30th April: from 9.30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Last admission 1 hr before closing time. Closed:> 1st January, 1st May and 25 December. Admission fees: Adults : 9€; Concessions (18 to 25) = 5,50 €; Free admission: minors under 18*; Free admission: 18-25 years old* (citizens of one of the 27 countries of the EU or are non-European permanent residents of France) * excluding school groups
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Stunning site!”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband really wanted to see this site while we were in France and I had mixed views. We had already seen so many castles and cathedrals. However, I am sure glad I agreed to go! All I can say is wow! My face hurt so much because my jaw kept dropping!! There were so many wonderful shops, restaurants, and fantastic museums. The best part was the top to the Abby. The views were breathtaking and the church was amazing and peaceful. We ended up paying for the audio guide and I am very glad we did. It explained so much of each place we toured. I will never forget this experience!

Visited February 2014

• Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kaunas, Lithuania
“Wonderful place in Normandy”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I would recomend to everybody to visit small but very beautiful Mount of St'Mishel. I was rapturous climbing narrow and steep steps, walking by old and small streets.

Visited October 2013
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Awestruck!!”
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I've always wanted to visit mont st michel, I had it in a vision board but didn't quite know anything about it... Until I went to Paris for a week and saw it inside a tour panphlet! so I booked it for the next day!

This place transports you to another time. Just the location leaves you in awe! Lots of souvenirs shops, restaurants with great views and history.

Visited August 2013
Sao Paulo, SP
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Nice history, nice view”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Once you've got to St Michel, it would be quite stupid not to get to the top and visit the abbey. The history is embed in each pillar, each stone of this amazing building. It is impossible not to imagine the monks sat by the dinnig table, or walking by the marvellous garden. Yet, there is the breathtaking view from the top.

Visited June 2013
Vitebsk, Belarus
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“one more place which need to see”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I was impressing to see this place in my life, at night it more amazing for sure. old small streets, old buildings on mountain bring you in old time. but a lot of tourists n a lot of small shops of souvenirs return me in our time. a lot of small restaurant's not give you to be hungry n food actually was tasty, seafood.

Visited August 2013