Lowest prices for your stay
$266
Expedia.com$268
Hotels.com$268
Algotels$306
2,341 results
All reviews room service belle epoque sea view perfect stay large room comfortable rooms town accor france charm euros
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2019 via mobile

We have stayed a night over at grand hotel had a ocean room view and enjoyed our stay. Thought the hotel has no pool and gym we enjoyed the stay. Services are good, rooms very spacious with and old renovated style

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank YoannP149
Corinne D, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel Cabourg - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2019

Dear Sir,

Thank you for thus putting the emphasis on the positive aspects of your stay and be sure that our whole staff was happy to receive you and is now impatient to welcome you again as soon as possible and until your next stay please accept our kindest regards.

Yours truly.

Philippe Marjoux,
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed July 27, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is located at the end of the very nice principal street in Cabourg from its main entry and directly on the sea front from the other side.
The building is historic and elegantly decorated. The rooms are spacious equipped however with the basics. Try to get the rooms with a sea view from where you can contemplate the sea’s tide, an amazing natural phenomena.
We had the breakfast at room’s balcony to take advantage of the sea view. The breakfast is good.
You can have a nice and delicious diner at the Balbec restaurant located at the first floor. The staff are friendly and professional. If you have a car, a parking fees being 22 E per night will apply. You can have a very nice walk on the pedestrian road directly from the hotel entrance.
The best experience in our stay was the walk in the sea when the tide was low.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank RJA65
Corinne D, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel Cabourg - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2019

Dear Sir,

We are deeply glad if you had a good time in our hotel. Be sure that our whole team was delighted to welcome you and is now impatient to see you again as soon as possible.

So, until your next stay among us please accept our most sincere regards.

Yours truly,

Corinne Dupont,

Reviewed June 26, 2019

The french "Northern Riviera" has many interesting towns and magnificent beaches which have "substantial tidal flows-- which accentuate these sandy beaches at low tide"!! On many of these beaches there are also wonderful hotels... BUT, the iconic Grande Hotel in Cabourg is one of the very best! It has been the location of movies and has hosted many signatories over the years. The Hotel also has a wonderful "formal dining room" as well as outdoor cafes with panoramic views of the very long, yellow sand beach! The Hotel has also earned TripAdvisors' coveted "Certificate of Excellence". It is definitely worthy of a visit.... which will prove to be "most memorable"!!

I hope that this Review has been helpful.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark D
Corinne D, General Manager at Le Grand Hotel Cabourg - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2019

Dear Guest,

Following your stay at our hotel, you were kind enough to share your very positive impressions on Trip Advisor for which we would first like to thank you.

We are delighted to read yours comments which express your satisfaction !
Your valuable words are extremely important as they provide a motive for continuous improvement.
Be sure that your review is more than helpful !

Wwe hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon.

Warm regards,

Corinne Dupont - General Manager

Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

I have always wanted to visit this hotel, and finally booked a weekend at end March, beginning April. We got off to a (very) bad start, as while my wife awaited my return from parking the car, she wondered into the restaurant from the reception area to admire the beautiful view from the large window. As she entered the restaurant, she was told she could not go any further, so as not to disturb the diners (who were finishing lunch at this time). Quite how they would have been disturbed was not clear, but my wife promptly left the restaurant. We immediately decided that , rather than make a fuss, we wanted to cancel our dinner reservation at the restaurant for Sunday night that we had made 2 weeks earlier. When the duty manager got to hear of this episode, we did at least get a sincere apology from him.

Leaving aside this bad start, the hotel is very beautiful: we had a sea view room on the top floor, where at high tide you could hear the waves below. The room was very spacious and elegant, as was the very large bathroom. Although the sea view is obviously very attractive, it comes at a price , and the rooms we visited on the other side have a very nice view of the gardens in front of the hotel and are peaceful.

Two things that I didn’t like about the hotel: the first is that I really appreciate the evening turn down service in a 5* hotel, it is a service not provided by 4* hotels, and the standard of the evening service tells you a lot about the quality of the hotel; here the service was minimal: the bed was made, but not much else. Disappointing. The second thing was that although a complimentary bottle of water was provided the first night, it was not for the second night. At nearly €400 a night, I thought they might include a free bottle of water, as they very courteously did ( 2 bottles in fact!) when our car was delivered to us from the hotel parking on departure. Little touches like that make a big difference.

Overall though, we really appreciated the beauty of the hotel and the site, the stylish room with that noise of the sea, the friendly and very helpful reception ( especially Florence, who booked us an excellent restaurant in the town) and finally the excellent breakfast in that beautiful dining room, with the view that my wife finally got to appreciate! We hope to back, and next time I hope I can give 5 stars! We may even try the restaurant.

Date of stay: April 2019
3  Thank ParisRio21
Corinne D, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel Cabourg - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2019

Dear Guest,

Following your stay at our hotel, you were kind enough to share your impressions on Trip Advisor for which I would first like to thank you.

Like I said when I had the pleasure to meet you, I would like to express my most sincere apologies again for the problem you met in our restaurant..We are taking measures to ensure this does not reoccur.

I also have taken note of your comments regarding your room, the evening service and little touches like that make a big difference. Our Priority is your well-being and happiness, and your constructive comments are extremely important as they provide a motive for continuous improvement.

We truly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again very soon.

Warm regards,

Philippe Marjoux
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed May 3, 2019

We had the pleasure of spending two nights here as part of a small tour group. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. The breakfast was outstanding and the service in general was fantastic. The only lapse was so bad that I am compelled share it. The only service I can recall that was worse happened in 1974 when a waitress at Sambo's threatened to kick my ass because I didn't order coffee with breakfast.
The second night of our stay, we went into the bar. Debbie was pondering a glass of champagne that was listed on their bar menu. Since her taste runs to dry or brut, she asked the server, "Is it sweet?". He put his hand on his hip and said, "It's Champagne" "Champagne is sweet". Debbie replied, "I mean is it dry or does it run sweet?" He said "Do you know anything about Champagne?" At this point, rather than get into a debate as to the relative sweetness of different Champagnes she said, "Never mind, bring me sparkling water" I ordered a Martini and was spared any lecture.

A few minutes later, the server returned. He placed some bar snacks in front of us, set down my Martini, then placed a glass in front of my wife, poured about an ounce of water in the glass and stood there holding the bottle. She looked up at him, dumbfounded. "Don't you want to taste it? Make sure it's not too sweet?" Debbie burst into laughter and assured him that it would please even her uneducated palette.

His rudeness was so over the top that we were amused rather than offended. I share the story because it is interesting, not because I am angry. I do not hesitate to recommend the hotel. The Grand Hotel is a beautiful property with (mostly) great service.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank 768kirkw
Corinne D, Directeur général at Le Grand Hotel Cabourg - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your two nights at Le Grand Hôtel de Cabourg.
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your room and the breakfast.

I also have taken note of your experience into our bar.
Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies and rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Please feel free to contact me whenever you want to discuss these issues. With all our apologies, please accept our warmest regards.

Corinne Dupont - General Manager