All reviews pancakes value for money metro station minute walk young children first thing in the morning university campus bar area night porter hotel is located single bed buffet breakfast cold meats apartment microwave bedroom france
Selected filters
Reviewed October 6, 2018

The Hotel - was in the middle of an industrial park with no shops anywhere close by. Even walking into the town to try and find something to eat at 5pm was impossible as everything was closed until the evening. The hotel building itself was very clean and spacious, however the room we were given was very small (even for a studio). Although this is an apart/hotel and the room had a small kitchen area there was only one useable socket - nowhere near the kitchen at all but at the far end of the room half way down the wall! This was the only place to plug the kettle in, very inconvenient. Other sockets were all sealed up and partially hidden by the wardrobe and mirror! The safe didn't work, called reception and they changed the rusted out batteries, put new ones in but still it didn't work. Gave up after that.

Breakfast was ok, typically continental, fruit, yoghurt, cold meats, cold hard boiled eggs one day, scrambled the next.
The rooms are set out around the edge of a large bar/breakfast area and again around the balcony area above. All the rooms had massive silver plaques with the room numbers imprinted, making it look like a prison. Staff were nice and spoke good English.

Room tip: Don't book a studio, not sure about other rooms
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2018

Well, what a fabulous place. My family and I recently returned from holidaying in France, staying at the Olivarius on our last night. The evening of our stay didn't start off so great, booking into an awful hotel which was simply unsafe for our three young children. We then searched around for something more suitable and came across this place. Upon check-in we were tired, hungry and fed up, so having a French receptionist/night porter who spoke great English was a brilliant start! The room was clean, spacious and homely. Breakfast was tasty and plentiful.

But the best part for us was when we left...

When checking out the receptionist mistakenly charged my card, even though my wife had already paid in full through Booking.com (with me not realising). When I realised that we'd been charged twice I emailed the hotel when we were back in the UK, worried that we'd never get our money back. I emailed first thing in the morning and received a reply within 10 minutes! Alex confirmed he'd look into it and get back to me ASAP with an update. That update came 30 minutes later, confirming that they'd realised their mistake and had already processed our refund. The refund cleared the very next day!

We've had a similar issue with flight tickets and it dragged on for months - this took just two days.

What superb service!! And thanks again Olivarius Apart'Hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

This has a modern feel and is a bit university campus but works well for the family. Kids were all excited and enjoyed the larger room. Bed was ok and we could have done with more pillows. But for the price it was really good value.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 3, 2018 via mobile

This was a haven for me and my family. You need a car if you don't mind the walk to the station.

Suites:
We started of in one suite that was big enough for 3 and were upgraded to a master suite which was fantabulous!!!

Service:
No complaints as they were excellent. Ready to clean and the breakfast buffet was good though we ate in most days, using our kitchen. The cleaning staff were prompt and very good.

Lots of games, the bar and snack bar though no restaurant for lunch or dinner.

Really fond memories!

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2018 via mobile

Hi all

Please note while out working in France we were boarding here,

Poor customer service
We had a leak ( from the roof) in the room we reported this more than 3 times nothing happened. I reported this matter to the manager this was funny !
His response “ it all gets wet in your room when it rains “ lol

What a place ! Never again

We did stand by our guns we managed to move rooms result in the end

Breakfast poor !

Evening meals limited

Washing room & driers on site but don’t use the hotels soap Rip off ! €3 per table!

Be-warned