Les Gens de Mer
Hotel Hamiot(Boulogne-sur-Mer)
$95
$92
  • Restaurant
hotelF1 Boulogne sur Mer(Boulogne-sur-Mer)
$40
$37
hotelF1
Hotel de Londres(Boulogne-sur-Mer)
$76
$52
All reviewsbudget hoteltown centrecontinental buffetlots of hot waterseen better dayseasy parkingshort staystaff were helpful and friendlycar parkbit datedcomfortable bedson the small sidehotel is situatedharbourenglishdustcheese
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Facilities and everything in the hotel are basic, it's value for money and located at the marine area, which is a walking distance to the centre. There is free Wifi and it's not bad, got a free parking area too. The only funny thing was...we put the 'do not disturb' sign outside the door but the maid still knocked on the door and opened the door, we told them 'no thanks'. I bet she didn't understand english well, and came back again in half an hour/an hour, I dont know cos I was sleeping. So we needed to tell her again, we dont need her to make the room. Overall, the hotel was ok and clean, considering it's very cheap.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Doesn't look much from the outside, but this is a very nice, if basic, hotel. We stayed in a double room, which was quite small, but absolutely fine for a short break (we stayed one night). Bathroom was very small with no bath, but shower was very good. Bed was not the best I've ever slept in, but certainly not uncomfortable.

Staff were helpful and friendly, and breakfast was good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hollycall
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I chose this Hotel due to its proximity to the Marina, where our friends' yachts were moored. We received a warm welcome upon arrival, and allocated a room overlooking the front and the road. The noise of the road kept my wife awake the first night, and her bed was uncomfortable, so we requested and were allocated a room at the back. This was much quieter, until the wind got-up; not the Hotel's fault. The facilities in both rooms were adequate, and the free WiFi most welcome. Breakfast was good. At all times,mthe staff were bery friendly, and a number spoke English. All in all, a good basic hotel, which we would chose again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2012

POSITIVE

The location was probably the best quality. Room 112 had a view to the road and the marina, (better than looking at the back of the building). They had a restaurant if you didn't want to go out. Staff were friendly. WiFi was good and free. There was free parking on site.

NEGATIVE
Lack of a lift is a bit hard with heavy suitcases. English is not spoken by many staff. Breakfast was available for €8.50 per person but I wouldn't recommend it for the value or freshness - go into town. Our bed wasn't that comfortable. We stayed 2 nights but the morning after the first night the cleaner knocked on our door to change towels at about 9:00 am! Unbelievable! Lucky we were awake to say go away. The neighbor wasn't so lucky as I heard the maid say sorry, so she must have walked in. The maids are in the hallway a fair part of the day, quite a nuisance trying to get past.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I booked this hotel twice by mistake and didn't realise until too late to cancel, however the manager (i think it was the manager) said he would sort this for me. I did pay a little extra but I definately did not pay for two rooms. Room was small but clean and it was for one night only. We picked this hotel as it had car parking and was in the harbour, but its not quaint harbour. It is in a great situation for walking into the town. Our room overlooked the road. Breakfast was a continental buffet, there was plenty of it and it was good. We will prob book it again when we go in two weeks

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family