“Nice place and tasty food”
Review of O Sud

O Sud
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We visited here recently on our way home and had a very nice meal. The set menu for 17 euros was very tasty food at a good price. The service was good too. I would definitely return here again.

Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Very quick service. The two ladies who work in the front are very gentle.
The food was very good and the price even better, would have payed the double in my home town.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My wife and I live in France and have been making overnight stops en route to the UK for many years without finding anywhere in Boulogne with good value for money. This was our second visit to this cosy restaurant within a short period and we loved it. Catherine, the joint owner with Monique, welcomed us warmly and catered to our every need throughout the evening. The varied 3-course meal (on a Sunday evening) for 15 euros represented excellent value and the food was well-presented and cooked to perfection. Our starters were delicious: my wife chose the mussels and I went for the 'ficelle picarde' - a mouth-watering crepe packed with cheese, ham and a mushroom sauce. We both chose the escalope de volaille for our main meal and were glad we did! We forced down a dessert - fromage blanc and ice-cream - but by then we were already reeling from the quality and quantity of our meal. The house wine was good quality so we had a second - and maybe a third! - half-litre pichet! At the end of the meal I asked Catherine to thank the chef on our behalf, so she took us both to the kitchen so that we could do so ourselves! A personal service indeed. The young chef was clearly delighted to have his efforts recognised and showed us the boeuf bourguignon he was already preparing to marinade for the next day's menu. The aroma was irresistible - it was a pity we couldn't stay for that too! This was an experience that we intend to repeat each time we stay in Boulogne.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I and two friends visited this restaurant last Saturday evening (20 Oct). We hadn't booked and it was raining. There were lots of people already in the restaurant but we were shown a table very quickly and efficiently. Nice ambience in there with a mixture of locals, French and English tourists. The menu was varied and it was nice to see a few different things on the menu such as tagines. We had starters and main courses. We had a prawn croquette, a plate of country ham, seafood mix and a cheese on french bread with salad, main courses were vegetarian tagliatelle, steak hache, grilled steak with pepper sauce and mussels with blue cheese. Everything came up looking very attractive and nice and hot. I had a glass of very nice Provence Rose and we had three beers. The meal was very nice - the restaurant was as I said very busy but everything we ordered came out on time and well presented. I would recommend this restaurant. We only had one gripe and that was the restaurant was extremely warm - there were several tables with people fanning themselves with serviettes. It was mid October and raining but it wasn't cold outside however the door couldn't have been left open as it would have made it chilly for the people sitting in the front of the restaurant. It did make it quite uncomfortable towards the end of the meal. Perhaps a little air conditioning for next year before the summer??

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We ate here on a Sunday night so it was fairly quiet - you can imagine that when it's busy it has a really good atmosphere. The waitresses where polite and efficient and the set menu was very reasonable. Boulogne seems a bit lacking on quality restaurants so this was a pleasant surprise.