“Don't bother to go here...”
Review of Creperie St Michel - CLOSED

Creperie St Michel
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Really nothing special, not the nice thin crepes as in Bretagne or Normandy.
Not really cheap and not a lot of choices.
We where here with 2 kids, but really don't bother.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Because I am wheat sensitive, many French patisserie treats are ruled out for me. However, all these savoury crepes are make with Buckwheat, called Ble noir, or Sarrasin. This meant I could have whatever I wanted. The cheese (if wanted) is melted in the crepe, while the other ingredients are put on top, a bit like a pizza. My only complaint was too many lardons, which were Sooooooo salty. We were up at night gulping down water!
These crepes are meal sized, and served with salad. There was cider, which DH really likes. The patron agreed to make a dessert crepe with the buckwheat batter, although the sweet ones are usually the wheat ones. We shared one with cooked pears, caramel and whipped cream. Wow! very tasty.
Be aware the kitchen closes at 9:30 for new customers.
This is not a fancy place but the food is very good and the staff helpful and friendly.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have been regular visitors to Boulogne-sur-Mer and amongst it's many charms the enduring oasis of Creperie St Michel stands out.
The food is delightful and although I have tried many different combination "La Forestiere" and "La Typique" with a shared flagon of "Val de Rance" cidre has me hurrying back every time. I note some have whispered about the service but this is a place to sit back and enjoy with friends knowing your meal is being expertly prepared.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Was staying in Boulogne over a very cold week end recently and not wanting to stray too far from our hotel for something to eat came across this creperie.
Obviously family run with an excellent selection of crepes both sweet & savoury served with a choice of wine, beer or cidre.
Reasonably priced great service & location will return on our next visit.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stopped off in Boulogne old town on the way back to Calais and called in here for a late lunch on the basis of Trip Advisor reviews. I can only say the reviews are spot on - my wife had a mushroom omelette and chips, I had a pineapple pancake. They were both delicious, both freshly cooked on ordering.
The service was just right, not hurried but not slow either.

All in all, a very good place to eat, we will certainly do so again.