“Best Moules in the World”

Hotel et Restaurant Hamiot
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We have been eating here for a few years and the first meal has to be the moules they are simply fantastic and I have never tasted their like any where else, equally the rest of the menu is really good ( I just have to have the Marinere when I get back) you eat them really fast to get to the Jus to dip the bread!!!
A great place full of the French and they do not eat rubbish. All in all one of my favourite eateries on the planet, ok I'm ranting but trust me I am not exagerating.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Dropped in for a quick lunch and the food was superb. Try the lobster bisque .....just fabulous. great service and they were packed to the street. The waiter coped well with a really grumpy guest who I am ashamed to say was English. I would tell anyone to eat here, great atmosphere and good grub.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Hamiot is a very comfortable restaurant on the Boulougne seafront, perhaps designed for tourist trade but largely packed with French speakers. The service was excellent, the seafood perfectly cooked and the prices excellent (albeit my native London is probably not a fair comparison). I particularly recommend the skate.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I and two friends visited this restaurant at lunch time on Saturday whilst having a nice little weekend break. We had been before several times over the last couple of years. We chose the Brasserie. The waiter who served us was extremely efficient and friendly coping very well with our Franglais! We went straight for main meals. I had Coquilles St Jaques with a small side salad, my husband and one of our friends had the special of the day which was fish and chicken paella and another friend had "Welsh Simple" with chips. The paella was very good with lots of different pieces of mixed fish and chicken. My Coquilles St Jaques was very tasty. The Welsh Simple was perhaps a little too simple - it was very rich and a little fatty and there was an awful lot of it. All in all the Brasserie Hamiot is perfect if you want a reasonably quick meal which won't cost the earth. It's not gastronomic but as said in previous reviews it is extremely busy with mostly French diners which is always a good sign especially when you walk around Boulogne and see how many other restaurants really don't have that many people in them. This one seems to be the favourite.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Nice food for a great price. Great choice of seafood. Big and nice terrace near the harbour. Friendly staff who know their job. Clean toilettes. Wine could be a bit colder though.