“All you could ask for.”

Najeti Hotel de L'univers
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Arras
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Spent 2 nights in Hotel , found staff very friendly, Tea/coffee making in room great and unexpected in France. Town center location but quite. Breakfast all you could wish for scrambled eggs to fruit, tea pot, toast not a place to lose weight!
Again Staff very friendly and helpful, Do pre book car parking as meter parking outside 4 Euros per hour up to 18.00, hotel 9 euros per Day.
Would go back again. Surprised how big Arras was with plenty to see.

Room Tip: My room overlooked courtyard and was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank allan1307
ROUART C, Directeur général at Najeti Hotel de L'univers, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your stay in our Hotel.

My staff and I appreciated your comments, which will encourage us to keep up our efforts to serve our guests and live up to their expectations.

We look forward to seeing you again soon in Hotel de l'Univers.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel whilst on an educational. Located off the main street and in a pleasant courtyard, the hotel has some definite charm about it. I have to agree with a couple of other comments about the reception staff. Whilst they seemd efficient enough - they just did not seem to enjoy their work. I was given a room on the second floor - and told to take the lift to the first floor, then take stairs to 2nd floor. It was 22- steps up, so if you have heavy or a lot of luggage - get the hotel porter to take your luggage. The pleasant compensation was that I have a very large room, furnished with a desl, seperate table and 2 side chairs. The bathroom was large and bright and with the usual complimentary amenities. A flat screen TV with English-speaking channels, a large comfy bed with good pillows gave me a very comfortable stay. I was a little disappointed wit hthe breakfast, altho at least it did have a toast machine. Limited cereal/yoghurt selection, a couple of choices of breads, very limited cold meats, some juices, water, and fresh fruit completed the offer. The capuccino coffee is typical French - and very unlike the "Italian" style that I am used to. I did eat in the hotel's restaurant and coould not fault the food (oly the coffee!!). There is parking at the hotel in the courtyard. I could imagine in the height of summer it might be a dog-fight to get a place, so might be worthwhile trying to reserve with the hotel. The Petit Place and the Grand Place are only a few minutes walk from the hotel, and there's a plethora of bars, pubs and eateries in the area surrounding the squares. Would I stay at this hotel again?? Definitely!!

Room Tip: Take a room on the second floor to get a larger room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ROUART C, Directeur général at Najeti Hotel de L'univers, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

We look forward to seeing you again soon in Hotel de l'Univers in Arras.

Clarisse ROAURT

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Rooms very well appointed and comfortable.
Restaurant: 4/7 of us had a chicken dish that was tasteless and was left by all the girls.
No concern or apologies from the hotel.
Our dishes were OK / nothing special but everything was cool on cool plates.
Prices are about double what you can pay for a very good dinner in France and the wines were extortionate.
The service - they tried but were untrained amateurs,
Stay in the hotel but eat out.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank A B

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for your comment because it allows us to grow.
I am sorry that you were disappointed by our restaurant but please know that I have taken note of your comments and I have passed on in the kitchen in order to improve our quality.
I am, otherwise, delighted that our room and our hotel, in itself, you have rather and we hope to see you soon in our hotel so that you can see for yourself the evolution.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stay at the Ibis, it is more central, welcoming and generally much better than this place.
This is a bed only hotel, expect zero customer service.

The hotel is down a side street and a pretty building, the rooms we stayed in were shabby but ok, good shower.
The main Manageress (short brown hair) was very professional and friendly, a lovely welcome from her BUT be warned - there is quite possibly the most rude man I have ever met working the bar and restaurant - this goes beyond the Parisian reputation for aloof - he is uniquely dreadful.

We couldn't get served at the bar - whatever time went, evening or lunch, no staff serve there.

We couldn't get a table at the restaurant either, it had 6 diners in it but apparently - according to the man mentioned previously, it was full, several tables lay empty and we were all offended at his attitude. He stares at guests like they are evil!!

I would've complained to the Manager but once again, the place was so understaffed there was no-one around.

Its a shame such a good Manager has to work with such poor evening staff but they really need training and rather than giggling and gossiping in the kitchen with the chefs they should be front of house, serving customers.
The future doesn't look pretty for this hotel.

I want to note that I don't like leaving negative feedback on t.a, it is not a rant, I am hoping to protect innocent people from having their weekend ruined by the rude man!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else for a luxury room. - dont believe the website photos!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am sorry that it did not meet your full expectations, and I would like to offer you a sincere apology.

Rest assured that every comment will be traited with interest in order to progress. to provide you with quality service you expect in your next stay.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We found the hotel without any problems and, having 'phoned the day before, had a parking space already reserfed for us. We were upgraded to a superior room which was spacious with a good bathroom - everything was spotlessly clean and in working order. As it was our wedding anniversary we treated ourselves to an excllent dinner in the hotel restaurant - the staff were very friendly. The breakfast buffet was varied and, again, staff friendly. Checkout was painless and receptionist pleasant. We will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MuggleB
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Situated yards from the town centre yet hidden away fom the traffic noise in a discreet courtyard. Parking ,at 9 Euro, is available and essential if you have a vehicle but you must book beforehand as it is limited. An old building with character and internally well decorated. Friendly. helful staff and the Restaurant food good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mervyn j
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Arras is very difficult to drive round - all one way and few signs. But the people in Arras were fabulously friendly - one lady drove us to the hotel and another couple of ladies went out of their way to help us when we got lost.
But the hotel was a disappointment. We pre-booked parking but when we arrived they told us to park in a space that was occupied then told us to use a different one that was also full when we returned with the car. No system at all! The receptionist couldn't have cared less.
At dinner there were two harrassed waitresses. We wanted to have an aperitif so waited in the bar area but had to ask several times for the drinks then for the menus. Everything was too much trouble! The food was good but spoiled by the poor service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple