“Good food in a convivial atmosphere”

La Cave des Saveurs
Ranked #62 of 184 Restaurants in Arras
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Not a fan of cellar restaurants in the daytime, I found this perfect for a jolly Friday night with friends. Run by chef Jean Radké and Alain Decomble in front of house, La Cave des Saveurs is fun and the food good. An unusual feature was their Menu “Bien Être” roughly translated as “well being” though meaning “healthy option”, with a calorie count by each of the dishes. A great idea as northern French food, though very good can be quite heavy, particularly at night.

I opted for the salmon “cup cake”, an intriguing savoury cup cake filled with salmon and chives, set on a rocket salad. A grand total of 215 calories, so a cautious choice of sliced chicken in a light sauce to follow, notching up just 180 calories, was a good idea. Both dishes were well cooked and perfect for a light evening meal.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Ok, not all the food, it was the crème brulé, and I didn't really have to vomit, but I certainly had some stomach difficulties afterworths.
We took the 35 euro menu consisting of an entree, a main dish and a dessert. The entree was taisty, allthough you could notice it had spent some time in the fridge. Both our main dishes were disappointing. It was just plain chicken or beef with a sauce from the supermarket. The chicken and beef were well prepared, but it was deffinitly not what they promised us on the menu. ( Where was the cheese and beer sauce? Where were the mushrooms and appels?)
As mentioned before, the dessert was just terrible. I don't understand how they got the tripadvisor recommendation? (this was why we choose this restaurant). On the plus side, the service was ok and it is a cosy restaurant. But this doesn't make up for the terrible food.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The food here was quite OK, but having waited so long to receive it, it was pretty ironic that it was warm at most. Between entering the restaurant and the starter arriving took 50 minutes. My aperitif was long gone, we were half way down the bottle of Chinon. Has the chef only got a one ring burner? And we never got as much as an offer of a basket of bread! That arrived with the starters. My mood wasn't lightened any by a French couple who arrived after us, who got their order taken before us.
Monday night and most restaurants in Arras are closed - perhaps they don't need to try too hard!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Well located in Arras' Grande Place, this restaurant has a pleasant setting and lots of atmosphere which combines with an interesting menu that lives up to expectations. My wife had chicken and I had veal, presented in a very attractive fashion and the taste lived up to its looks. Both meals were accompanied by a very tasteful serving of tiny ravioli-like twisted past stuffed with cheese -- my only regret was that there was no room left for the astounding serving of profiterolles that was delivered to a nearby table. The waiter was amazing -- he managed to stay attentive to each table and at the same time rearranging all the empty tables so they could serve two groups of ten or twelve people -- a true professional.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Had a difficult time settling on a restaurant the night of our arrival here. This restaurant had mostly positive reviews, which it deserves. Both had the "well-being" menu; the food was fine--apricot coulis for dessert was much better than the citrus in gelatin. I didn't think, though, that the calorie counts for the meals were actually as low as listed on the menu. The server was very very good. A nice place.