“Nice place in Grand Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

L'Ambassade d'Arras
Ranked #34 of 172 Restaurants in Arras
Cuisines: Gastropub, French, European, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Nice place in Grand Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2014

My wife and I were travelling back from the south of France and intended to eat in Burgundy but I got lost in the outskirts of Dijon and wasted a lot of time so just kept heading north. Came to Arras which was buzzing but we were too early for restaurants and didn't really fancy any of the brasseries. Right on one of the corners of grand place is this restaurant with a basement and main salon. I asked the person who served us drinks if we could have something to eat and he promptly brought us the restaurant menu. We sat outside and had a nice meal, smoked salmon for starters, my wife had a burger and I had fillet steak with pepper sauce. My wife was impressed with the burger which was of really good quality as was my steak. The yound lady who served us was very pleasant. We didn't have dessert, only coffee.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank tommckearney

Cardiff
“Excellent modern French cuisine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

We ate dinner here after failing to get a table at Carpe Diem. Lucky for us! The food was excellent...two steaks one with oysters and one with green peppercorns and two fish burgers...an odd name for a cornucopia of fish. Excellent service, lovely surroundings....the house Cote du Rhone was very fine. Two lovely puds and coffee....all for about €125. What a find....go there!

• Visited August 2014