“A real taste of Aveyon”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Tavistock, United Kingdom
“A real taste of Aveyon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

This restaurant was a real ‘find’. I was tired of driving round looking for a parking space which was near somewhere to eat so this was not a researched selection but Hobson’s choice! It was lovely, the staff were all friendly and the food beautifully prepared. I would certainly visit again – if I could ever find it!

Visited July 2012

Zuienkerke, Belgium
“French food is so overrated, but they tried...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

Before you read this, I realy dislike the french kitchen in it's whole.
The restaurant was recommanded by the hotel I stayed in after I showed him the list of the best restaurants according to tripadvisor in Rodez.
Before entering it looked a bit like a brown pub, but inside it was very nice and cosy with big inside sitting possibility, but also sitting places outside.
As a starter I took local vegetyables, which were nice and served on a lime stone.
After that I took the local saucage with potato mash, mixed with local cheese.
Presentatlion was worthless, the saucage was put on a pile of potatomash, but I did not care too much.
The sausage itself was almost un-eatable with big chunks of fat inside it. Also were the mashed potatoes too heavy to eat due to the cheese.
Afterwards I had a coffee, which was bad, like most coffee in france.

would not recommand it, but service was nice, location too, just did not like the food.

• Visited May 2011
3 Thank Tom_Ottantatre
“Cosy atmosphere on a freezing cold...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

Cosy atmosphere on a freezing cold evening in June, was just right. Packed with locals Good traditional food (in copious quantities though- had to leave half my jarrett de porc. Actually, for me that was the one slightly disappointing dish, even though all the locals were having it & loving it) Steak frites, the parsley galettes & foie gras all excellent.

1 Thank anne d
Barcelona
“Fine food well served”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2010

We had their lunch menu which worked out at 15€pp including wine. Superb quiche and salad followed by original combination of veg and good dorada with good dessert and coffee.

Dublin, Ireland
“Well worth a visit.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

The wife & I ate at “La Taverne” on Rue de l’Embergue. We both chose the €25 menu - I had squid to start followed by steak, then crème brulee. The wife had foie gras followed by veal (she has no conscience) and I can’t remember what she had for dessert but she liked it. Including wine (€18.50), 2 Kirs (€4.60) and 2 coffees (€3.00), our bill totalled €76.10.
Excellent food and service, good value for money.
A word of warning – the set menu we chose included a Roquefort- flavoured mousse. It may well be interesting, perhaps traditional, but we didn’t like it.