All reviews beautiful cathedral breakfast room corner room worth a visit comfortable hotel per night top floor reception staff public car park the air conditioning museum france town parking centre french murals
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We chose Rodez as the starting point to visit Conques, Albi and Cordes- sur-Ciel.
Thé hôtel si very comfortable, well located, right next to the beautiful cathedral of Rodez. The staff is extremely helpful, and pleasant. The breakfast was very good. The bed was kind of soft which for me is a negative point.

1  Thank jarlbertil
Julien I, Responsable réception at Hotel Mercure Rodez Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Miss, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your stay in our hotel.
We are glad you did enjoy your stay at our hotel and that you enjoyed the very convenient central location, that enable you to visit the city and also because of the welcoming staff.

Thank you very much and we hope to see you again in our hotel.

Yours faithfully.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Hello again Folks,

Please find our review of the Hotel Mercure Rodez Cathedral. If you find the review of help, please click the helpful green button at the end. Thanks.

My Wife and I stayed here on 11.6.14, for night only. The room was charged at 117.20 Euros, plus 10.00 Euros for the garage.

On arrival, we spotted the garage to hotel, at the bottom of the hill, on the right hand side of the hotel. Access is gained by driving uphill past the hotel on your right and then taking first right and first right again, so you are directly behind the hotel.

While waiting for a Customer to drive into the garage, the Receptionist obviously seen us on CCTV and came running down to the car. In a nice polite way, she asked that we check in first and then sort out the parking arrangements afterwards.

The lady spoke brilliant English.

After checking in, the lady went on to explain, that parking was very tight, only 4 bays I think, and that they had to decide who went where, dependant upon their time of departure the next morning. We hadn’t actually pre booked the garage either.

The lady advised reversing in, as once in the garage, it is impossible to achieve a 3 point turn and that you would have to reverse out. I reversed in and my Wife acted as banksman if you will. Without her, there is no way I would have been able to reverse in on my own and it may be a consideration for sole travellers ?

Once back at reception, the lady kindly gave us tips and advise on how to enjoy our stay in Rodez ( pronounced ordez ), gave us street maps and recommended restaurants that were plotted on another map.

The lady was a fountain of knowledge and so so helpful, friendly and smiling. If her employers are reading this, I hope she gets nominated for employee of the month ! She clearly enjoys her work and is very good at it.

We stayed in room 304 which was lovely, modern and clean. The A/C was brilliant, there was tea / coffee making facilities and everything worked just fine.

The hotel is in a great location, right by the Cathedral, the road system outside the hotel is hectic and busy, but lessens after 5.30p.m.

RODEZ

It was our first visit here and we both thought it very quaint. Nice shopping in little side streets and some nice bars and restaurants. Although one night suited us, we would return again. On our way here, we did travel over the Millau Viaduct which was spectacular. Millau is pronounced Me - u.

Many Thanks
Gary

Room tip: Reverse into the garage if you have booked it. Check in first though !
5  Thank Ruddstar

Dear Miss, Dear Sir,

Laurence was so happy to read your comment. She knows evrething about the city and the aera, and she is also very guest oriented. No doudt she is a key member of our team.

As I said at your departure, we will be very happy to welcome you again at the hotel.

Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights in Room 308 on the 3rd floor, a Superior Room at 140 Euros per night, which was a corner room looking directly onto the Cathedral square. The double glazing meant it was very quiet and the two windows meant it was light and spacious. We couldn't have been more delighted with the Hotel and our room. As stated in other reviews, the bathroom is large with a trolley and 2 shelves for your toiletries, a large walk-in shower, lots of good quality towels and good size shampoo and bath gel as well as soaps, all replaced each day. Our room had two chairs and a desk as well as a small fridge, jug for tea and coffee and a complimentary Nespresso machine. Service from the staff was excellent. We had requested a higher floor and car parking in the garage and they had taken note of our wishes. If you park in the garage it has just 4 places and is difficult to get out of (one needs to reverse out), but we liked the direct access to the lift. The hotel is superbly located to all the attractions of Rodez. The old centre is primarily pedestrianized, so go to the Tourist Centre and get a walking map of the old town. We walked the town at a leisurely pace, having coffee and lunch in one of the many squares, checked out all the restaurant menus and this took most of the day. We used Rodez as a base to explore the Aveyron region, which we were charmed by, and 3 or 4 days is a perfect amount of time to stay.

Room tip: A higher floor and a cathedral view should be requested. Room 308 (Superior Room ) was a corner room with great views. 140Euros per night

Dear Miss, Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for this glowing review. We have at heart to offer high quality service to our customers and I am delighted that your stay with us has given you satisfaction. Housekeeping and reception was very happy to read your comment.

Your room was more spacious and better equipped than the standard rooms because it is the highest category in our hotel.

Looking forward to welcoming you during your next stay in Rodez.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed here one night before joining a tour of the region. The hotel is vintage; the room is modern, clean and comfortable, with a large modern bathroom. Everything was in good working order. Our room overlooked the street, but the windows effectively kept out any road noise. Bed was comfortable. Everything was very clean throughout the hotel. The buffet breakfast at the hotel is served in a vintage dining room, and the choices for the meal were excellent. The cathedral is just outside the door. We ambled through the streets of the old town before dinner, and easily found quite a few restaurants that would have suited our needs (and the one we chose was tucked away on a back street and quite good). Staff was efficient and courteous (and spoke English well). We would definitely stay here again if we find ourselves back in Rodez.

Date of stay: October 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank DivineMissMaja
Julien I, Responsable réception at Hotel Mercure Rodez Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Dear Miss, Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I will relay to the reception staff and floors.

We are delighted that you were fully satisfied by the new Mercure breakfast.

Looking forward to welcoming you during your next stay in Rodez.

Julien Irun

Reviewed October 12, 2013

My wife and myself stayed one night on a driving tour around France. If we ever visited Rodez again, we would certainly return here.
I can't add much more than alot of the other reviews have noted. We were on the fourth floor in a large,comfortable room with a good,spotlessly clean shower-room. One minor point relating to that. The shower cubicle is open on one side, the side towards which the showerhead points. Even manoevouring
it to one side failed to prevent the floor from getting wet. Also, the shower tray was quite slippy.
We had secure parking, accessed from street level on the right-hand corner as you look at the front. The lift goes direct to the basement making transfer of luggage much easier. There are 4 parking spaces, but I'd be interested to know how one would get out of bay 4 at the back, if all others are occupied, as you would be blocked in. Thankfully, there was on-one else using the garage for the time we were there.
I thought the reception and lounge could be alot better, it all felt a little dull. I'm sure some contemporary furniture wouldn't look out of place, while still respecting the hotel's history. (Just my taste of course).
Staff were very helpful, and gave us details of restaurants to choose from.
Centrally situated, it's ideal for walking into town, which from our short stroll, seemed to have a pleasant shopping area, together with a good choice of cafes and restaurants. We didn't take breakfast as we needed to get on our way.
If they could introduce a restaurant and good chef to take advantage of a period
dining-room, this would get 5 stars.

Room tip: If all the rooms have been re-furbished there should be no problems. We were on the top floor at the front, which overlooks the main road, even so we were not disturbed by traffic noise.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Julien I, Responsable réception at Hotel Mercure Rodez Cathedrale, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Miss, Dear Sir,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.

My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in our hotel.

Yours sincerely,