It all depends on what you expect.
We booked this hotel as part of a Legoland deal in June 2014, which included 4 two-day Legoland tickets and 3 nights at the hotel, including breakfast, all for around $600. Not bad. The hotel is located about 15 min. from Legoland in the town of Bredsten, just off the main road between Vejle city and Legoland. It seems to be run by a couple, who by the way were very helpful and friendly (they offered us a choice of two rooms instead of a familyroom when we asked about options and when the eggs hadn't arrived one morning the husband/co-owner made my gluten-intolerant wife a salad for breakfast). Do note that the reception closes at 8PM (20:00). This is a simple, clean, safe hotel/motel where the rooms still have keys(!). Also, you have to walk outside from your room to the main building.
- A good place to sleep. We booked the family room which was a normal room with a double bed plus two fold-down beds for the kids. Yes, it was very small even by Scandinavian standards but the beds were comfortable. The surroundings are quiet and we slept well all nights.
- Clean. The bathroom was tiled and clean, even though the shower was just right to the toilet. The room was kept clean and looked fresh. No complaints here.
- Safe. It is in Denmark in a small, sleepy town. Enough said.
- Location. Very close to Legoland and Vejle and very easy to access and find.
- Breakfast. Sure, it was included but it only provided the very basics (such as three cereals, 3 different breads, orange and apple juice, 1 yogurt, apples and grapes, boiled eggs, coffee and tea). Nothing special, although you could take stuff with you to make a lunch.
- Information. We weren't told that you could make reservations at the restaurant for dinner, which made us travel to Vejle instead (15 min) or try the local "Hong Kong café" (Do NOT try it). We weren't told that the reception closes at 20:00 (which was annoying when we arrived one night at 23:00 and had to find a phone number to call).
- Facilities. There are none. The playground was ok with a couple of trampolines and a swing but otherwise there was nothing to write home about. Clearly, the hotel caters to people who don't intend to spend time at the hotel. Sleep, shower, brush teeth, have breakfast, leave.
There really were no disasters or bad experiences. The opening hours were a little annoying and the rooms are definitely small...but since we just wanted a place to sleep between Legoland visits it didn't matter. For the price we could afford two days at Legoland instead of one, which in my opinion is a must. You can't enjoy all of Legoland in one day.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Bredehus Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.