“Pleasantly surprised”

Ranked #24 of 44 Restaurants in Cauterets
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2018

We visited this restaurant on our last night in Cauterets. The restaurant is spacious, the service was good and our waiter was very helpful and friendly. We asked for a recommendation for a regional wine and his advice was spot on ... the menu was extensive enough and our son particularly enjoyed his pizza. The only criticism is if you visit in the evening try and get there before the bar adjoining the restaurant starts up as the music volume starts to ramp up ...

Reviewed February 13, 2017

After a 10 minute wait I approached the old blonde lady behind the bar, who I kindly asked what beers they had on pression, she looked at me, void of all emotion and said, "Affligem...Heineken." Then I asked which beers they had in bottles, to which she merely pointed at the table where we were sitting and said "they are on the menu" and turned her back to me. The waither finally came over with a guilty look on his face and was kind enough to take our order and serve our 6 year old a crepe made out of cardboard. Needless to say when we left the restaurant, I made sure to leave the door wide open in the middle of winter and said MERCI with a fake smile on my face. I've lived in France for the last 18 years and I have never seen such a cold reception anywhere. Avoid this place at all costs. Would reccomend anywhere in the town except for this hole.

1  Thank mikeL977YP
Reviewed August 17, 2015

Ate here once during our stay. It was fairly busy but the staff were helpful & friendly. The food arrived quickly - we had the 3 course set menu which was very good value. The duck was excellent, and the puddings were great. Enjoyed watching people playing in the fountains in the square outside!

Reviewed October 24, 2014

One of the best meals ever, twice!

Me and my dad stumbled upon this place while we were checking out the area and had lunch here. My dad had the special of the day (duck) and I had a pizza. We ate from their lunch menu, so we also got wine, tea/coffee, and a dessert.

My pizza was one of the best I've had, and my dad said it was the best duck he had ever eaten as well. The dessert was incredible as well - two bite-sized desserts.

When the rest of our family came, we took them here as well (we cycled, they drove). They also loved the food and they were able to accommodate all of our dietary requirements, making a special salad for my sister who is allergic to flour. (It looked and tasted better than their normal salad!) Everyone had a great meal, and the location is perfect in a little square. There's also a bulldog belonging to the owners, and he is very cute!

Best meal we had on our two-week holiday.

1  Thank jasonbrim
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Nice staff, good food, lovely setting. We returned twice for a meal and several times for drinks. It is opposite the square lots to watch with the water found tain antics particularly enjoyable