“Great surprise”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Toulouse Airport
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Blagnac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Great hotel, nearest to airport. A 4 + star hotel. Sadly no porter on hand other than that great rooms and staff. Food and service punching way above that of other 4**** hotels. Very nice design, lovely rooms with modern feel. Cleanliness of the highest order.

Room Tip: Business rooms facing the pool
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Toulouse Airport

Reviewed November 15, 2012

Firstly, this is an airport hotel catering to those souls doing business nearby or passing through. Apart from the nearby Pullman, there's no competition at this price point (hence the title of this comment). The hotel is basically fine for what it is with the exception of the gym which, as others have commented, is really bad.

Specifically, there is a real shortage of equipment: 1 treadmill, 1 cycle machine, 1 weights station and 2 step machines. That's it. No concept2 rowing machines or a second/ third treadmill etc. Result = waiting around until someone finished using the 1 treadmill. There does appear to be sufficient space to add more machines but presumably no budget to do so, quite surprising given the price of the rooms. What is slightly odd is (when you get on the machine) having the jaccuzzi only a couple of feet away in open space with no real physical separation between the areas.

So, as someone who travels a fair bit, I need my hotels to have proper gyms to keep the pounds off (actually less of a risk here given the small portion sizes served in the restaurant). Back in July, when the manager of this hotel was in the habit of responding to Trip Advisor users' comments, he claimed that he had improved the gym as a result of a comment (see comment written on 23 June and manager response of 18 July). If what exists now represents an 'improvement' on what existed before, I can only imagine there was a single skipping rope previously. Come on Radisson Blu, get your act together. I will go to Pullman on subsequent visits.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BobbyC1
Reviewed November 13, 2012

It is an expensive hotel with nice rooms. The restaurant was just ok. Although there is a gym the equipment is not in good condition. There is no one on duty at the gym and it was short of towels when I used the facilities. Parking is good if you have a car. Could be difficult to find without a GPS.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Jan H
Thierry P, Directeur général at Radisson Blu Hotel, Toulouse Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback and please accept my sincere apologies that your experience was less that top notch. Any feedback we receive helps to make us better. I would love to have you come back and give us another chance to prove that this is not usual for our hotel. Do not hesitate to contact me directly at thierry.pecorella@radissonblu.com if you might reconsider staying with us again in the future so I can ensure you a more comfortable stay.
Thierry PECORELLA

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights and had dinner here one night too. The location was great (although this is probably THE most complicated area around an airport I have ever been too!) Parking our rental car was VERY convenient. The meal we had was fabulous and our waiter, Benjamin, was fabulous. He suggested 2 wines that we tried and they were perfect! How did one sooo young know just the right wines for us? There was, of all things, a motorcycle convention going on but the hotel had is so well planned that it never bothered us at all. We still got great service even when there were hundreds in their banquet room. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We had a "regular room" and it was very nice. They offered us an upgrade for about $50 mor...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SuzyLaidlaw

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for your nice comments with regards your enjoyable experience of our restaurant "La vie en Rose" ! I've cascaded down your comment onto our team. We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Thierry PECORELLA

Reviewed October 29, 2012

At only 400M from the airport this could not be a better hotel location for people travelling.

The hotel is clean, the staff crisply professional (from what I saw there was no bell service so you carry your own luggage), the dining facilities top notch..

The in room service is great, as, when we asked for robes, they were there within 1 minute...

We would stay here again if travelling through Toulouse

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be nice, you would want one facing the back if possible
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!

Thierry Pecorella

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Were we disappointed when we arrived in this Radisson blu airport hotel to find that they don't have a doorman or porter? Our group of 14 ladies had to bring in all our luggages to the room. Is this the famous Radisson blu service?
When we had dinner in their restaurant, the service was so poor. The waiter forgot the orders. It was one disorganized service! Maybe top management of the Carlson
Group can look into the service and bring it up to the renowned quality that Radisson Blu is know for.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Zaia7777
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We selected the Radisson because we had an early morning flight, and we wanted an hotel within close walking distance of the airport. That is one plus of this hotel. The other is that it has 24 hour shuttle service so it was not necessary to walk. Now for the negatives. Two light bulbs out, including my reading light, in a room so dim it could have been a nightclub; only one coffee cup; and an automatic wake-up system which did not work. The portions in the bar and restaurant were exorbitantly expensive but minuscule. My thimble-sized serving of scotch cost 13 euros which made me feel as if I were drinking liquid gold. I was still hungry after my 19 euro three shrimp, rissotta main course dish; a dessert would have cost an additional 8 - 10 euros. I doubt that I will ever stay there again, but if I did, I would either bring my own provisions or see what was available at the airport. I felt ripped off, even though my room had cost only half the normal 182 euro going rate. If you do stay there, don’t forget to bring some light bulbs, an alarm clock, and your own coffee cup!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple