“Excellent Location for the Airport”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Toulouse Airport
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Blagnac
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brossard, Canada
“Excellent Location for the Airport”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

At only 400M from the airport this could not be a better hotel location for people travelling.

The hotel is clean, the staff crisply professional (from what I saw there was no bell service so you carry your own luggage), the dining facilities top notch..

The in room service is great, as, when we asked for robes, they were there within 1 minute...

We would stay here again if travelling through Toulouse

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be nice, you would want one facing the back if possible
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thierry P, Directeur général at Radisson Blu Hotel, Toulouse Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

It is great to hear that you had a first class stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We hope you will come back and visit us soon!
Warm regards,

Thierry Pecorella

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Were we disappointed when we arrived in this Radisson blu airport hotel to find that they don't have a doorman or porter? Our group of 14 ladies had to bring in all our luggages to the room. Is this the famous Radisson blu service?
When we had dinner in their restaurant, the service was so poor. The waiter forgot the orders. It was one disorganized service! Maybe top management of the Carlson
Group can look into the service and bring it up to the renowned quality that Radisson Blu is know for.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Zaia7777
USA
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We selected the Radisson because we had an early morning flight, and we wanted an hotel within close walking distance of the airport. That is one plus of this hotel. The other is that it has 24 hour shuttle service so it was not necessary to walk. Now for the negatives. Two light bulbs out, including my reading light, in a room so dim it could have been a nightclub; only one coffee cup; and an automatic wake-up system which did not work. The portions in the bar and restaurant were exorbitantly expensive but minuscule. My thimble-sized serving of scotch cost 13 euros which made me feel as if I were drinking liquid gold. I was still hungry after my 19 euro three shrimp, rissotta main course dish; a dessert would have cost an additional 8 - 10 euros. I doubt that I will ever stay there again, but if I did, I would either bring my own provisions or see what was available at the airport. I felt ripped off, even though my room had cost only half the normal 182 euro going rate. If you do stay there, don’t forget to bring some light bulbs, an alarm clock, and your own coffee cup!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed for one night after arriving late to Toulouse before heading on elsewhere for our holiday proper. On arrival, we opted for a room upgrade to Business Class (for €40), which included breakfast (otherwise €25 each!) and some other nice extras such as bathrobes, slippers, and a 'Nespresso' machine. The room was lovely - plenty of space, and the bathroom was gorgeous (particularly the enormous shower).

Breakfast in the morning consisted of a buffet, with plenty of options available, both cooked and cold. I wouldn't say it was worth €25, but you can certainly fill up for the day.

I found the staff friendly and helpful - especially the guy who checked us in late at night. The shuttle to the airport was also swift and efficient.

Room Tip: The upgrade to business class is definitely worth it if you want breakfast.
Arizona
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We have stayed at the Radisson Blu properties at the Zurich and Nice (France) Airports, but have to say that this property was not quite at the same level -- only due to some of the details.

I will agree with the other reviewers that this hotel is excellent in many respects. It is close to the airport, it has a restaurant, the bathroom is modern, the room stylish / clean, the employees service oriented, there is a free airport shuttle available on demand, etc.

This property could rate a five star for me, except for the following list of issues: The electrical outlet in bathroom did not work. The air conditioning would not get very cold. The mattress closest to the bathroom had a definite rut and slope to it. The services booklet in the room noted 12 english speaking channels, although almost half of them were not available. (This booklet also listed breakfast snacks in the lobby from 5 am - 7 am but we never saw them.) The internet terminal in the lobby would not take a credit card -- and a hotel employee said it had the same problem earlier in the day. Finally, there was an itinerary list for a Cosmos tour on display in the center of the lobby -- which had left two days before.

In summary, if I was to return to Toulouse, I would be very tempted to explore other hotel options for the 135 Euros a weekend night that we paid.

1 Thank StealthTraveler
St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Room was extremely pleasant and a good size. Bathroom and shower were very nice.

The toiletries provided are some of the best of any hotel in my opinion.

Bathrobes, slippers provided in the room, as well as a Nespresso machine.

Room Tip: Difficult to say, but my room was on the second floor and had a card inside saying "Welcome to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JasonL4
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My stay here was very brief as I arrived late at night and had an early flight in the morning (left hotel lobby around 5:30-5:50am on a Tuesday morning). Even in my short stay I was able to enjoy the nice and relaxing restaurant. Room was too dark (not enough light) but bathroom was bright and the bathroom toiletries were great!! and there was a robe. so the nighttime portion was good and relaxing. When it came time to get up for the flight and on my way though, you were on your own. The hotel isn't right next to the airport, and the hotel staff in the early morning can't be bothered to tell you where it is or how to get there. They treat you like you should already know how to walk there and you're an idiot if you don't (even though you arrived by cab the night before and didn't go that way.) They lazily wave you down the road and you are off. There is a shuttle parked outside the hotel, but there is no driver because it's early. So you walk down a dark street and hope it just appears at the end of the road. After turning the corner in the road and seeing another traveller with a suitcase far off, you follow, and eventually walk near the airport, but waste time going the wrong way first because, being an airport it is huge, and the entrance for travelers isn't marked as most people probably do not walk up. If I didn't have a really sturdy roller suitcase, it wouldn't have made it this far over sidewalks and curbs and asphalt and some gravel and not normal "suitcase terrain". I decided it wasn't worth the wear and tear on my bag to walk this way again. Eventually I made it inside the airport but on the deserted first level, when all the ticketing was on the 2nd level, and there was no one around and no helpful signs to get to the right ticket counter. It was a very frustrating airport experience which made for a stressful start to the early morning long day of travel ahead. So overall, I definitely do recommend giving this hotel a shot, but only if you are successful at INSISTING that they power up their shuttle and take you to the airport, no matter how "you're interrupting them" because this is after all, an airport hotel, and the single biggest reason to stay at an airport hotel is to not have to stress out in the morning to get to your flight.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business