“Delicious birthday lunch”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Delicious birthday lunch”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Have visited here a couple of times before, when all was excellent. They did not let us down this time either. Two of us had fantastic prawns as a starter, beautifully presented. The other had scallops and black pudding. Then two fillet steaks, one cooked "blue" and perfectly cooked. I had oriental duck which was full of flavour but unfortunately it seems I received a duck breast which was really tough. I mentioned this to the waiter in passing (as I had to leave some) and was very pleasantly surprised when he returned to the table with an apology saying the chef had had a look at the remaining meat and agreed it was sub standard and therefore there would be no charge for the main course. I thought this was extremely good service.

We went on to order desserts which were all equally delicious and the bottle of Merlot was good value and quality too. We will definitely return again when we visit the area. Highly recommended.

Wirral, United Kingdom
“Want this to be my new local !”
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

I live miles from here, but my girlfriend lives nearby took me here. Is such a nice pub. All the staff are great think the lady I met was the person in charge Jacqueline Macey very well organised with everything. Had chicken sandwich and chips and tasted great. I saw that this pub had many awards for its great food. Lunchtime the pub was busy, with people sitting outside too, in the sun. Also told this lady who i have never met before, I will make this my local. You may have to book in advance for larger parties if you want to have food, a very busy pub ! Thank you Jill and Alan, see you again soon on our bikes :o)

Visited April 2013
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“Delicious Food and Great Service”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We went here on 09/04/13 for our second wedding anniversary, (we had been twice before). The food was delicious. I had tuna steak and my husband had swordfish and we both had soup to start. We also shared a dessert, which was actually a trio of mini desserts (such a great idea). Our trio was a mint choc chip icecream, a lemony merangue and a raspberry cheescake. Also the staff were so polite and gave such good service and he red wine was very smooth. I would definately recommend it, but book ahead as it is very popular. Not really cheap, but really worth it for a special occasion as the food and service is so good.

Also if you like your real ale you can buy three different real ales (a third of a pint each), again such a good idea.

Bromsgrove
“Outstanding”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We phoned to see if there was any possibility of getting a table for lunch (in 30 minutes) Jackqui , one of the owners was happy to oblige. We started with deep fried prawns with Thai sweet chilli dip. Our main courses were outstanding and would not have been out of place served in Michilin starred restaurants. My wife managed two of the choice of mini deserts whilst I had an excellent coffee which finished off the perfect meal.
The service from the Fountain team was excellent Richard and Jacqui, certainly have combined excellent service, wonderful food and very good cellar.
We will certainly return in the very near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“over priced and not rated in my opinion”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

you have very little space between tables, staff are rude and could definately be more helpful. the food is of small portions and over priced. would not recommend to any one.

• Visited March 2013