“Always a pleasure!”

Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Clent
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

On my way back now after my bday lunch!. It really is lovely. The tiger prawns are just amazing!. Deep fried with a sweet Thai chiili dip. My hubby had a famous Beef and Stilton butty which also was fab. U can choose from A la Carte or prix fixe menu 2 courses £13.95 or 3 courses £16.95 !. No room for dessert!. Book a table!. It's fabulous!. Ps it's only the 5th pub in the country to b awarded the Platinum award for beautiful beer and only the second to retain it!!! :-)) x

Reviewed January 24, 2013

So many plus points to mention.Wonderful food,attentive service,great selection of drinks.A lovely cosy atmosphere too.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

My wife and I had a rare evening out and decided to stay local due to the snow. There is plenty of choice locally for pub based restaurants but we thought we would try the fountain again.

My wife had the sea bass which came with rice (and poppadums?) and I had the sweet potato curry again with rice and poppadums. There was no mention of extras but the staff brought over steamed vegetables, a serving of dauphinoise potatoes and a portion of chips! Why on earth people think you need all of this is beyond me - the chips were left untouched and the waitress looked quizickly at us with a "don't you want these?" expression!

The desert menu is interesting - an "assiette" where you get 3 small sized portions. A novel idea and they were very good - we had the chocolate brownie (2 lots) and profiteroles. More than enough for two people.

At £12.95 for a curry the prices are steep to say the least. No starters, one pudding to share, one beer, one coffee and a lime and soda for £40. If you are big eaters then the fountain is the place for you. If you don't like waste and expensive food try elsewhere.

Staff were extremely welcoming and pleasant as they always are - if nothing else they get the customer care right every time

1  Thank Ian B
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Ate with friends in the new year. Although not full quite busy for a Tuesday.
Lovely setting at the foot of the clent hills and you could smell wood smoke as you arrived. The inside is still much the same for years but does not seem tatty or tired.
Had prawns and tandoori chicken skewers to start, followed by 1/2 shoulder of lamb far too much even for my hungry friend, steak and salmon wellington. Food as usual very good piping hot and variety of flavours and you will not go hungry.
Deserts offer you choice of 3 from about 12 as an 'assiette' and a good cheese selection.
The chef always comes and chats to diners which is a nice touch.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had been walking on the hills and popped in for a cuppa on New Years Day. We were greeted by the friendliest of staff. We could see all the tables were laid for lunch and expected the waitress to say they were too busy to serve only hot drinks to us. Well the staff couldn't have been more friendlier. I could choose the specialist teas myself and the there were a variety of coffees available. We even had chocolate mints served with them. We sat in the outside seating area, soaking up the unusually warm winter sun. As I went to take the trays back inside, another waitress greeted me at the door to take it from me. We used the beautifully clean toilets, stocked with white flannels and toiletries, a rarity in most pub/restaurants! We left with a menu and business card and are planning to book a table as we speak.

1  Thank LINDA H