“Avoid”

The Toby Jug Teashop
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Whalley
Reviewed October 14, 2013

6 off us came in looking for something to eat at 2.30, unbelievably we were told that they had stopped serving food but we could have a drink and a scone. The staff were not very friendly or helpful, there are too many places to eat in the area without bothering with the Toby Jug.

1  Thank BuzbySkipton

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Cafe proprietor reluctantly seated us at two tables (8 hungry cyclists), no menus offered and eventually said no savoury food available after 2pm on Saturday, tea and cakes only. Appeared to be a nice traditional cafe but didn't deliver on welcome or provide lunch after 2pm, cannot recommend.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Have been with family over a dozen times now. If we are in the area we always stop off here. One-room tea room serving home made sandwiches, soups & cakes. Family run & very well kept. Service is warm & friendly. And the cakes... WOW! The bakers in my family acknowledge that they are the best and unmatched anywhere. I'd recommend it to everyone but I want to keep it to myself! D'oh!

1  Thank SacduLac
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have visited the Toby Jug several times now and are always warmly received, we usually have lunch soup and sandwiches.
The quality of their food, service and hospitality are second to none.
This is such a gem of a Tea Shop traditional in every way!
They always try to accommodate their customers in every need, do not be put of by the one negative review by the gentleman with children, this is not really the place for little ones, thank goodness!!
It's a grown ups retreat and keep up the good work Ladies!!

Reviewed April 23, 2013

After hearing so many reviews of this tea room .I was looking forward to visiting .I had previously visited with my grandson and very pregnant daughter to be told ,no room for prams .Not to be put off I visited again .Still no prams welcome although it was a rainy midweek day and tea room quite empty.Service reluctantly given to family,s even though they would spend large amounts of money ,although I did observe sharing a scone was the norm .The customers being frugal we're welcomed ,where as families were not .Do not vist if you have a family.
Food tasteless, very small quanties and expensive for the experience.

1  Thank tommyfour