“Overpriced and better options nearby”

Benedicts of Whalley
Ranked #3 of 18 Restaurants in Whalley
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe/Deli Bar part of Maureen Cookson, (Ladies Clothes Shop)on George Street in Whalley. Private car park. Serving breakfasts, lunch, afternoon teas and early family meals. menu complemented by daily specials board. Brigade led by Head Chef Ben and his team of six. Full delicatessen with homemade takeaway options. Freshly baked bread, local sausages, olives through to truffles.. and a fantastic selection for gluten free. Open from 9am Monday to Saturday until 6.00pm with last food orders at 5.30. Sunday 9 til 4pm for Benedicts breakfast menu. Listed in The Times in their top ten places to eat brunch, GQ magazine and Olive mag. Whalley is a stunning village filled with wonderful independent shops.
Reviewed October 4, 2013

we have visited this establishment on quite a few occasions in the past but can honestly say that after our last visit we won't be rushing back.
Firstly we were seated in the rear of the restaurant right next to a table who had brought along their dog ! the waitress placed a bowl of water for the dog right at the side of my chair and I then had to endure the usual noises that come with a dog drinking water.
My wife ordered a beef sandwich and if it had 2oz of beef on it then that would be all !
Sorry but never again

1  Thank republicz

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Did what we asked for - speedy service as we still had a long way to cycle and they delivered: staff very helpful, attentive to our needs - very tasty food - paninis and rocky road flapjack - would definitely recommend to all. Menu suitable for all ages from young to not so young, pleasant ambience and clean facilities. Will be back for more!

1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed September 29, 2013

On a sunny Sunday out with my elderly mother-in law, we were in dire need of refreshment, any refreshment would have done. What we found was excellent tea and coffee, and three meals that were all freshly prepared with very good local produce. attention from the staff was just right and the cakes were good. I left with bag of coffee beans for home, full bellies all around and promises of a return visit. It was busy and deservedly so.

1  Thank Kenneth L
Reviewed September 28, 2013

If your looking for a gourmet meal, afternoon tea, sumptuous breakfast, delicious cakes, good coffee or a glass of fizz there's no where better to go!

First class service.
Top quality food

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I can't quite put my finger on what is lacking in this place and struggled with giving it a rating. The service is not bad nor is it good. It is as if the staff are going through the motions, there is no connection or inter action with the customer. Having said that the food overall was good. The potato wedges were some of the best I have ever had and you have to experience the chips - an apple corer is used to make then cylindrical and they are fried in a manner which gives the effect that they are lightly battered. The bread in the sandwich was a little dry but the accompanying salad was delicious. The coconut and raspberry slice was very tasty. In conclusion would neither say visit or don't visit . If I was in the area again I would try somewhere else but wouldn't rule out coming again

1  Thank Beth368