“Asian Food at It`s Best”
Review of Le Soleil D'Asie

Le Soleil D'Asie
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Cannes, France
“Asian Food at It`s Best”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We live in Cannes now, but we used to live near Brive and a few times a week we would visit
Le Soleil D`Asie for lunch or dinner.
Last week we went to visit our friends near Brive, and couldn`t wait to go back to Le Soleil
D`Asie, this is after 6years since moving to Cannes, and nothing has changed, the owners
and the food were consistent as ever.
This is a family owned business, two brothers, one front of house, and the other brother (chef)
and wife tend the kitchen. And what a fine job they do.
What I like about the owners is they put money back in the restaurant decorations etc.
The restaurant is small and cosy, great atmosphere.
Recommend booking for dinner.
Enjoy

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank apachenation

france
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 25, 2012

After glowing reviews I was disappointed in the cuisine on offer at this little establishment. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the staff could not have been more attentive, but sadly the food was just insipid. Ordinary Vietnamese style spring rolls were followed by a very bland Thai style soup. Our main courses once again lacked flavour, and the desserts of banana and apple fritters were heavily battered and greasy.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank 2gotravelling
Forges
“Reconciled with Asian Food here at last”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

After reading some very positive comments on Tripadvisor about this restaurant, we decided to go there for lunch today. I had the menu at €14 and my wife ordered a la Carte and we ordered some Jasmine Tea to accompany the meal (very good). Because others have said the Pâtés Impériales (hot spring rolls) are to die for we ordered these. They were!! As good as any I've eaten anywhere. What's more, there were ten of them for the two of us, though they were quite small (8cm long by 2cm dia)!! Wow, what a good start. Served with dipping sauce, lettuce and mint as usual in restaurants from Indo-China.

For our mains, I had the beef saté and Cantonese rice and my wife ordered crispy noodles with pork. After a brief delay - long enough to confirm that the dishes were freshly cooked, they appeared. Very generous portions again. I have one slight issue with the restaurant in that the menu said my beef would be moderately spicy. I could hardly detect any chilli heat, but I don't really blame them, the French are notoriously incapable of accepting it. However, on a little carousel on the table there were jars of fish,soya and chilli sauces, as well as salt, so I was able to bump up the spiciness to my taste. Both main dishes were delightful. At long last a place where we could eat with real pleasure.

For our dessert we ordered banana fritters. We chose not to have them flambé, though that would have been included in my menu. We each were served a whole banana, sliced in half lengthways before being battered and deep fried. Again - freshly cooked, crispy and delicious.

How much did this feast cost for the two of us? Just €36.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank IaninFrance
Lisbon, Portugal
“Read Trip adviser review”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

We stayed in a local B&B hotel and scoured the internet for a good restaurant. Needless to say, we read trip advisor and found this one. We were expecting so much and got it!
The food, service, ambience and menu choices were perfect. The staff did not speak English, but then why should they, but we were able to be understood and items were translated using what little French we knew. All in all a great little restaurant, pity it isn't closer to where I live in Portugal, as we would be in there every week. By the way the Heineken is 1Euro cheaper than the tsing Tsao beer which was 4.00 Euros a bottle.
The review of the restaurant was very good and we are pleased to have followed the recommendation. If in town go there!

• Visited September 2011
Powys Wales
“A mecca for lovers of Chinese food”
Reviewed March 14, 2009

On my travels through France in January,2008 I visited "Le Soleil D'Asie" purely as I felt that I would have a meal to fulfill my hunger, until the next day, on my travels. So my wife and I entered the restaurant. The first thing that hits you are the welcoming statues ,towering in front of you. The next thing is how clean, bright and stylish the furnishings are in the restaurant.
We are seated comfortably and offered the menu. The choice was vast, and as I am in no way fluent in French or Chinese, I chose a soup as a starter and a Chinese Prawn curry as a main course. My wife gave her choice..We were served our drinks and waited
for our meal. The first course arrived. My soup was presented in a large round dish, with enough soup for 4 people. The large dish had a centre spindle that enclosed a small heater to keep the soup hot. I spooned my soup into my dish, and took my first taste.
I cannot describe the taste the aroma the wonderful flavours. It was the best soup I have ever tasted, so to were our main courses. The whole experience was memerable and enjoyable. The amazing thing was it was not expensive. So impressed this Januany 2009 I drove the 650 miles from the UK to go back to enjoy it again, and it was just as wonderful. I have no connection with this restuarant, just an enthuisatic diner, who wants you to have the same experience. I am going again ASAP

4 Thank kevinpowyswales