“Outstanding”

Le Prieure Hotel Restaurant
London
“Outstanding”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I was going to call my review "paradise", but found that it has already been used in some titles - paradise is what it is! We arrived on a very hot afternoon and found the hotel to be a tranquil oasis. The staff were wonderful and our room, which overlooked the pool, was modern with excellent amenities. We only stayed one night and after a short walk around the village, returned for a drink on the terrace before dinner. The restaurant is fabulous and I enjoyed the best meal of my 2 week French holiday. Service was fantastic and the ambience, on a warm summer evening, was sublime. The room was very comfortable and the air-conditioning was efficient. Breakfast was another excellent experience and I hope to stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank London1915

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Korean first
Switzerland
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Absolutely faboulus little hotel with a great restaurant. We stayed as a family and my daughter loved the pool. The rooms are fantastic and the setting is hard to beat. Shame we did not have more time to stay and enjoy! If we are in the area, we will definitly stay here again. One of the rage positive surprises I found to date. Bliss.

Room Tip: We stayed in the old part and it was great.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 100daysperyear
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This property was a gem. I wish I could find similar properties for all of our trips. This is what I ask my wife to try and replicate when we plan trips. I would recommend this property as a destination resort.

It's small and quaint, but has everything. Oversized rooms and bathrooms, swimming pool, spa, the best restaurant in all of France and friendly helpful English speaking staff. Not much for views. It's located in a small village, no more than two stops from Avignon on the bus. Park your car and take the bus to Avignon. This small village has everything at your finger trips. You can have a fun day of just exploring the village.

The restaurant was marvelous. I had my first taste of pigeon there and it was excellent. Their restaurant was better than the Hotel de Paris Louis XV. It was not inexpensive, but worth every euro. After dinner, I wanted to smoke a cigar with dessert. The staff actually moved us out doors to the courtyard so we would not be disturbed by them closing down and served us drinks and desert outside while I smoked my cigar. We literally closed the place down. If I ever go back close to the area, I would go and stay there for at least 3 nights per stay and would definitely use their spa.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good and spacious, so un-European.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Westfield, New Jersey
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, just outside Avignon, rather than inside the city walls, which makes it easier to get to. Also, it is in a very nice small village.
The hotel itself is a beautiful setting - the gardens, the buildings, even the swimming pool. When we arrived, we were in love with a beautiful place. The check-in was fine, the people were friendly. We had a suite and it was large. When you walk in, you have a small hall with a closet and another door into the bedroom itself. There is a terrace overlooking the swimming pool. All very nice.
There is a separate small toilet room in the hall outside the bedroom. Then, to wash your hands, you have to walk back into the bedroom and then into the bathroom.
The shower had no door and the water came out into the rest of the bathroom.
The air conditioning did not work well.Some reviews say the place has style. That is true. However, the service was not outstanding. We asked for help with the air conditioning. We were told nothing could be done. We asked for a fan - we did receive one. We stayed four nights and called the desk for wake-up calls every morning. It worked three of the four mornings. One morning, we never received the wake-up call.
It is very expensive. I expected better service.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dennis D
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

An excellent hotel with great sized rooms, excellent sized bathroom with partitioned off shower and toilet. We did not eat there as we wanted to immerse ourselves into the local culture as much as we could. On saying that the dining areas, the menu all looked sensational. The pool area is fantastic and I would say the photos on any website do not do justice to this quality establishment.

Sad to leave the hotel and the town.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Away from the crowd, tucked into the quiet little town near Avignon, the location is perfect if you are doing sightseeing but want more privacy. Our room is in the old building, which is very spacious as comparing to hotel rooms in Paris. Hotel staff is very nice, and are to assist with heavy luggages.

The hotel has a nice little garden, which is great for a walk after breakfast and dinner, they also have a swimming pool, but it's too cold to swim while we were there. The hotel's michelin star restaurant is a real treat, I had the best lamb dish in my life, and the dessert mind blowing, all at a fair price.

My only problem with this hotel, is that one of the towel is dirty, other than that, can't find a fault!

• Stayed June 2013
Aussie
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed at the gorgeous Hotel and enjoyed a superb meal one night with friends at this lovely restaurant. The food quality and presentation, and the service of the meals was nothing short of superb! Don't miss an opportunity to experience Le Prieure Restaurant at Villeneuve-Les-Avignon.

The Hotel was wonderful! Such a great setting. There is a pool and lovely gardens. The rooms are large and comfy beds, clean and large bathrooms. Peaceful! Superb! Can't wait to return and spend more time here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Villeneuve-les-Avignon
Hotel de l'Atelier
Hotel de l'Horloge
Hotel de l'Horloge
#5 of 69 in Avignon
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,423 reviews

Been to Le Prieure Hotel Restaurant? Share your experiences!