“Poor quality for high cost”
Review of Basta Cosi !

Basta Cosi !
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The restaurant Basta Cosi is open seven days a week from noon to 2:00PM. The evening monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday and sunday from 7:30PM to 10:30PM. Friday and saturday evening from 7:30PM to 11:00PM
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We recently ate at this restaurant during our stay in Villeneuve-Les-Avignon and found it to be just okay. We walked from our hotel and it was about 20-25 minutes and part of the way was very dark and a bit unsafe. The decor was fine but the chairs wobbled and were not very comfortable. Our waitress was nice and attentive. We asked to share a salad appetizer, but the waitress brought us each a salad instead, which also didn't have a lot of flavor to them. I added some olive oil and found that there was some unexpected hot spice in the oil, which left my mouth feeling like it was on fire and also a lingering bad taste. For our main courses, we both had the Ravoili with mushrooms and asparagus. It was good, but the quality of the pasta was not great and it was a bit rubbery. We had split a bottle of Barbera d'Asti, which was expensive for the vintage and year. Overall, the bill much much greater than than our previous nights' a meal, which had a better decor, shorter walk and a higher quality of food.

bastacosi30, Gérant at Basta Cosi !, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Hello,

We are sorry that you didn't enjoy the food that much. Maybe the next time you come over in the region you could try another meal... You shouldn't stay on that first experience, you could be surprised :) As for your walk at night time, as I had suggested you, anywhere on earth at night time is never really safe! Even in the calmer area It's a risk that you take, nothing to do with the Basta Cosi! However, Villeneuve Lez Avignon is a very pretty village where going for a walk anytime of the day or night is pleasant.

I hope to see you again next time you come and visit.
The management
Basta Cosi!

Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a cute little gem; not what you would expect seen from the outside

- We ordered two pizzas for take-away and they were both brilliant (although the spicy one was actually my favorite). Bit expensive for take away. They don't exactly look like the many pizzas I've had in Italy before (not as thin and crispy) but a stone oven, fresh quality ingredients, a nice crust and a little flour sprinkle dust will get you far. Plus - and this is really just an extra bonus - they seem like such good warmhearted people (they seemed concerned and friendly, and they actually translated the whole pizza out loud for me menu without me even having to ask for it, which seems to be rare in many places in France). I absolutely love the artsy deco as well..

To sum up - for France, it's a good pizza-to-go-get-away!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Very nice design of a restaurant in an old factory. Lots of parking and also open on Mondays. Unfortunately they the food was not tasty. Frozzen Pizza .. just warmed up .... Pasta with out test. All drinks icl. water are to expencive. For Italiens a no go. The service could be much better. Maybe it was Monday. The Pizza and Pasta was much better in the Italien Take a' Way 300 m above, were we ended up at the end.

bastacosi30, Propriétaire at Basta Cosi !, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Sir,

Here is my straigh anwser to you.

Fisrt of all, like i had kindly explained to you our pizzas, as well as the rest of our dishes are freshly made and prepared on site by our professional team. Our pizzaiolo has 35 years behind him, is welle known and everyone on Avignon and around nkows that. You didn't even touch the pizza, it was just wasted food, shame on you! you were cold and grumpy from the fisrt step into our restaurant. And dispact the fact that i offerd you to change your pizza or choose something else. We are not short in choices but you were just rude! As for the pasta, your wife seemed to enjoy it since she finished her plate and thanked me kindfully. She seemed very embarassed as well by your behaviour! If you were not hungry sir you just had to say it instead of publishing this lie on this site! WE DO NOT SALE FROZEN FOOD!!!!! I even invited you in my kitchen to show you how fresh is our paste and other meal, but you refused because you knew that you would feel embarassed by your faulse statement. Furthermore, you forgot to mention that I made all the effort to make it up to you by offering you whatever you would want and you did'nt even pay your pizza!! So please sir, stay on your take away because our friendly customers wether in france or abraod are all happy about our fresh food et service!

Enjoy your day, be happy!
La direction

Reviewed October 1, 2013

David was our host and he hosted us well! We were a family of 8 and the food was just great! Really awesome Pizza's!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

It's a warm and friendly atmosphere, with a quiet back terrace away from traffic and surrounded by trees. The menu is authentic and interesting and the ingredients are fresh and high quality. Wine selection is Italian and varied, and the service is "juste comme il faut"!
If I'm correct, the name means "Just so". I think it should be "Just so good!".