“Highly pleasant evening spent at this great restaurant.”
Review of La Chaumiere

La Chaumiere
Reserve with
La Chaumiere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: French
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: La Chaumière, restaurant authentique d’inspiration catalane, située dans la cité préolympique de Font-Romeu vous propose de déguster une cuisine de tradition et créative rythmée par les saisons, dans un cadre montagnard et chaleureux.
Reviewed July 1, 2018

We stayed near the restaurant for 4 nights and ate here one evening , The food was outstanding and the service was even better. We had not read any reviews but stopped in when passing and booked a table as we returned from a long and arduous 20km walk. We have had some great meals on this trip , but this meal really stood out. We are returning in the late summer and will definitely be booking here again.

1  Thank timfin0

Reviewed January 11, 2018

Visited here tonight with my fiance and it was out of this world! From starter to dessert! If you ever visit and the chef is still serving the lamb dish - opt for it! The most succulent, splendidly cooked piece of lamb that has ever entered my mouth. The service was also top class. Friendly, professional and fun people will serve you your food with a warm welcome and smile. They are also very well educated on every aspect of every dish. We must not forget to congratulate the manager/ proprietor for achieving this level of excellence - hold your head high! Amazing - thanks again :)

1  Thank IordanB2
Reviewed January 7, 2018

The meal we had at La Chaumiere was excellent beyond compare. I'm always wary of tripadvisor reviews but believe me, this food is exquisite. We had a shared platter of Iberico ham and snails with garlic butter sauce. To die for. My wife had the lobster risotto, I had the Hare (Lievre) amd my son son the Iberico pork loin. They were all stunning. I cannot rate this highly enough. We arrived early and went in to a quaint bar area with an extremely friendly barman who chatted with us til our table was ready.

1  Thank Gareth N
Reviewed December 26, 2017

we visited this restaurant based on Tripadvisor rating and we had a nice lunch close to the ski station. i could taste a delicious steak tartar and my family had other also great plates. We had a great team attending us and the place was warm and nicely decorated.

1  Thank carlos g
Reviewed September 13, 2016

We had lunch at this delightful restaurant after a ride from Villelongue de Conflent on the Little Yellow Train. La Chaumiere is well worth the walk uphill to Font Romeu from the train station. The food was excellent and the staff impeccable. Highly recommended!

1  Thank bschum