“What A Find!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We tried le Atlier Fred after reading good reviews on TA and it was worth the good words and more! The food was excellent and the service impeccably gracious. Be sure to book ahead, though. The place is small and they've been discovered!

2  Thank taffyt3

Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were a group of six ladies from Hampshire on a week's yoga holiday at Mas Pallagourdi whose owner, Marian Thornley (also our yoga teacher) recommended this new restaurant. We had all met Fred last year and were keen to try out his new venture. We were not disappointed with our lunch on Tuesday, and immediately booked to come back again on Saturday. This was the day of our departure so we spent the morning having coffee and visiting the market, then came the highlight of another lunch at L'Atelier. This again delighted us and we left happy, with lots of kisses!
We cannot recommend this highly enough and will definitely visit again next time we are in Ceret.

1  Thank Annette T
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This is the third time I've been to this restaurant which is newly open by this young couple. First and foremost it is, thing relatively rare in France nowadays, a restaurant which serves food 100% prepared on the premises. Here you are sure that the food you eat it is not industrial food mascarading as homemade, microwaved and served attractively, at a price many times over what it costed the restaurateur. You can see the chef and his assistant busy in the open kitchen working rapidly and effectively. The menu has several interesting entrées and main courses which you can combine any way you wish. I ate a excellent cote de veau catalan which was perfectly cooked, accompanied by green peas, asparagus and mushrooms. My friends had filets de merlan ( whiting fish) with an excelent garniture of different vegetables, attractively presented. As entree my friends appreciated le foie gras poêlée with strawberries and dressed with , I think, balsamic vinegar, poivre etc. The desserts : very good - creme brûlée, a chocolate thing, strawberry soup, a millfeuille de strawberries and last but not the least excelent cheese platter. The service a bit long but extremely friendly and knowledgeable. I understand that one more waitress is going to be employed soon which should take care of this problem. Wine list extensive and well chosen, Fred is a connoisseur and will gladily guide you. The interior of the restaurant is tastefully decorated, the tables have good space in between,there is good lightning so that you can see what you eat without feeling that you are on a stage
The owner, Frederique , and his lovely wife seem to work hard and to have great ambitions for this restaurant . Though just at the beginning but I think for the moment one of the best restaurants in Ceret.

3  Thank Angela G
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We used to eat regularly in the brasserie of Les Feuillants where Frederick was maître-de and were very sad when it closed. Since then there has not been a decent restaurant in town till now. This was our first visit to At. de Fred. Olives, tapenade, and saucison sec on arrival. We had the 28euro menu- terrine de foie gras with asparagus cream, then pintade with fondant potato topped with goats cheese, my wife had the mille feuille dessert with strawberries, and rubarb mousse, I had the crème brullee . House rose, and house red. Coffee. Total 71euro.

2  Thank ArtisticAndrew
Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I visited this restaurant having read the glowing Tripadvisor reviews, and we weren't disappointed. Everything was just about perfect, from the welcome at the door, the attentive and friendly (nay, charming) service, and the exquisite food, to the cheerful farewell and thanks for the visit. Even the toilet was faultless, unlike that of the average French restaurant.

To give a full picture I must mention the minor negative points:
1. Your meal won't be cheap, but it's worth the expense and it's "Total service compris", so there's no tip to be left;
2. If, like us, you prefer your food "well done", and you don't want to eat foie gras or veal, you'll find your choices limited. Nevertheless, we found my fish dish and my wife's guinea fowl to be absolutely wonderful.

1  Thank Ian M