“Al Catala”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Great Restaurant in a lovely garden,traditional catalan food and a fun place to eat,I suggest book as it was very busy...we followed the advice on Trip Adviser before going and we was very pleased.....

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is our second holiday in Ceret and I can't believe it;s taken this long to discover this excellent restaurant. It's just off the main street where it can be really difficult to find a table in the busy restaurants. We had no problem at all getting a table in the lovely shaded garden. The food is delicious and beautifully presented and great value at 23 euros for a set meal. The service is very efficient and friendly. I really can't wait to go again.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Great prawn starter and Duck main course, Lovely atmosphere, helpful host and staff, looked after well, overall good food.

1  Thank William W
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Al Catala serves some tasty Catalan dishes in a very comfortable garden. My wife and I cycled into Ceret on the day of the annual music festival so most of the street-side cafes were full. We opted for Al Catala because it was quiet and were delighted by the delicious meal and friendly service.

The staff made a good impression right away by bringing us a cold bottle of fresh water. We always dread asking for that and have had some bitter experiences at some places in France.

My wife had some baked fish which was fresh and delicious. My meal however, was the one really worth raving about. I cannot remember what it was called on the menu but it was 4 or 5 little slabs of pork grilled to a crispy amazingness. Each piece had a little bone but it was different than a spare rib; more like a piece of thick bacon! Fantastic!

Perhaps I could do some research and provide a more detailed review but the men out there reading this will get the point. Grilled bacon; what could be better?

Yeah, the wine was excellent too. So was dessert. The staff knew we were tourists but we never felt like the food was being shovelled to us. We had a great time and it seemed like the few other tourists and several locals were too. Total bill was about 70 euros; little steeper than the street terraces but definately a couple notches higher quality.

2  Thank justa2rist
Reviewed July 5, 2012

great cooking, good quality and reasonable price. Fabulous service