“My Daughters Holiday At 16bis, Céret”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of 16biis

diningroom sittingroom with satelllite TV and A/C
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
diningroom
sittingroom with satelllite TV and A/C
overlooking Ceret Church and 'Isis'
kitchen
large double bedroom
double bedroom with handbasin
modern bathrooms
spacious mezzanine
office lounge area
shower/WC on ground floor
weddings and concerts at nearby Church
Festival band concert
nearby St. Jean Lakes
St Jean Lakes adventure playground
Ceret window
the ancient bridge of Ceret
Sardanes dancing in the street
Sardane dancing coffee table!
hillwalk overlooking Ceret
Gerona a 40 min. drive south
trip on Yellow Train
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 11 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Bernard W
“My Daughters Holiday At 16bis, Céret”
Reviewed January 19, 2017 for a stay in July 2016

My time at 16bis in Ceret helped me to fall in love with this beautifully quaint and mountainous, yet vibrant little French town. As a young person visiting Ceret, I found there were several things to do and several things to interest my younger sister I right on the doorstep of our lovely little town house - the museum of modern art, cafes, exploring the mountains, and beautiful winding streets to stroll through by day, and live music in the square, fantastic restaurants and vibrant bars by night. I found that the locals were very friendly and hospitable, and have made friends which I still keep in touch with now which made for an even better stay than I had hoped for. The friends I made taught me a lot about French culture and the town itself as well as showing my sister and I the most beautiful areas of the mountains which are just a five minute walk from the centre of Ceret. Visiting and witnessing the beauty of the foothills of the Pyrenees with the locals is one of the best experiences I have ever had and none of this would have been possible without 16bis.
The house itself is wonderful. It is beautifully French and rustic with a lovely roof terrace which is ideal for barbecues and sunbathing It is spacious and air-conditioned which allowed us to stay cool and comfortable in the height of summer. As well as this, as I mentioned before, it is very central with a fantastic boulangerie just round the corner so fresh croissants and baguettes are easily available in the mornings, as well as the stunning square which is filled with a number of restaurants, interesting little shops and art galleries.
The facilities in the house were also brilliant. The house was clean and well-kept which made for the most comfortable, relaxing stay possible. The owner was also extremely helpful as she emailed us with directions and a variety of local attractions which definitely came in handy and made our holiday a fabulous experience.
I would certainly recommend 16bis for anyone as I had the best holiday I have ever had there!

Jan 21, 2017
Hello Emma, Thank you for your kind words about my house and the town of Ceret. As you said, the house is bigger than people anticipate and there was plenty room for the four of you. Next time you come you will be able to enjoy my brand new double-glazed wooden windows and a new ventilation system throughout my 3-storey house. I closed for a few months this winter to have heating renovations completed. Thank you for leaving the house so clean and tidy. You are welcome to return anytime!
Shinythin...
Listowel, Ireland
“Gorgeous stone house full of character...roof terrace stunning!”
Reviewed July 16, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Our stay in 16 bis was incredible. Myself and my husband stayed at this amazing house in the heart of the old town of Ceret with our 6 year old son and my husband's brother and his wife. So much space we could have invited the rest of the family! It has everything you need WiFi, sports and movie channels, stunning roof terrace with a brand new BBQ, table, chairs and sun loungers. Perfect to hang out, get some sun, or eat dinner while listening to music from the nearby squares. We recommend the Saturday morning market, Quattrocento restaurant around the corner for excellent pizza and salads and Le Pablo bar for people watching. The town is somehow sleepy and vibrant. Really has something for everyone. Sheena is a great host who is armed with all kinds of info on the area, and she was kind enough to leave us a gift of a bottle of wine and a postcard. How sweet!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Jul 17, 2016
I'm delighted that all of you had such a good time! Many visitors are surprised that my house is so big and spacious. I hope you also enjoyed the town swimming pool!
SMPat
London
“Lovely historic house in the centre of Vieux Céret”
Reviewed March 27, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

Fantastic central location with all the amenities. Deceptively large accommodation with space for two couples and two children just a stone's throw from the Modern Art Museum, Saturday market, fine dining, etc. Very responsive and helpful owner. Good wifi and many television/radio channels. There are AC units for use during hot weather. Ground floor shower room plus top floor toilet/basin and separate tub/shower/basin. Also basin in one bedroom. Small roof terrace gets the morning sun

Liked best: Location and space
Liked least: Location is in the old part of the city, so renters should be aware luggage will need to be transported from nearby car parks
Families with young children
Mar 28, 2016
Hello, Thank you for your enthusiastic review. It'm glad that you enjoyed your three weeks in Ceret in March when the flavour of Ceret is very different from the summertime. The evenings can be chilly and I see that you made good use of the logs in the entrance hall for the sittingroom stove. Thank you for leaving the house so clean and tidy. You are welcome back anytime! Sheena
SamKarenT...
Hereford, United Kingdom
“Perfect Location. Gem of a house.”
Reviewed March 7, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We stayed in Ceret for three weeks. For keen walkers, there are lots of fine trails and for keen eaters Ceret has a wide variety of delicious food shops and a big market on Saturdays. The house is right in the middle of the old town. It is warm and cosy and there is a lovely roof terrace. The beds are very comfortable and everything in the house works well. Thank you to Sheena, the owner, for her help in making our stay so enjoyable.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Mar 28, 2016
Hello, Thank you for describing how nice Ceret is to visit in the winter months. Usually the daytimes are sunny and dry, great for woodland walks, and the wood stove warms the winter evenings. I'm glad the facilities met everyone's needs.. I was pleased to be able to answer your email queries during your stay. I do my best to deliver a comprehensive service to visitors. Kind regards, Sheena
Matt B
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“fantastic place, fantastic weather. would return”
Reviewed September 20, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We drove to the property which took 15hrs from Cambridge. Arrived to find the property in a very clean state, a welcome note and a bottle of wine greeted us.
The property isn't listed to accommodate young children, however we had our 18mth old son there and we had no issues (we did take 2x stair gates with us- 3 would have been better)
The owner is very helpful and a pleasure to have had contact with.

The town is lovely and gives you a real taste of France.

If you're looking at staying around this area then stay here.

Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
Oct 1, 2015
It was a pleasure having your family as guests in my house in Ceret. Because of the stairs and balconies I don't recommend it for small children, but I'm flexible and you said you would bring stair gates so I agreed. I'm pleased that it worked out well. Please come again.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfortable peaceful house within a stone's throw from beautiful Ceret
Liked least: The bed was uncomfortable for me, but we discovered a memory foam mattress in the house which helped a lot.
Traveling group: Young Children
Friends getaway Families with young children
Sep 19, 2013
I am pleased that your family enjoyed their stay in "Isis." I do try to meet the needs of all ages of visitors. I agree that there is lots to do in Ceret, especially if you enjoy art, music and/or walking in the trails in the vicinity. Please come again.
ireland
Reviewed October 16, 2012 for a stay in October 2012

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing