“Nice Atmosphere”
Review of Hotel Eve

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cap-d'Agde
Hotel Eve
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Cap-d'Agde
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at Hotel Eve in the first week in July and our experience was positive. It's not a "grand" hotel by any means, but the atmosphere is very pleasant, largely due to the friendly staff - Nadine, Pauline and Valerie, all of whom speak English very well. Our 1st floor room faced the pool and had a good-sized-balcony with a table and two chairs. The room was a reasonable size for Europe and the bathroom was well equipped. Everything is clean, well-maintained, air-conditioned and comfortable. Hotel Eve is naturist around the pool and clothing optional inside. There is a small bar from which food and drinks can be bought or ordered and served by the pool. We had breakfast on the top-floor terrace each day because it was convenient and reasonably priced. The hotel is located about a 5-minute walk from the closest shops and clubs, which suited us because it is quiet at night, compared to accommodation near the discos. It is about 15 minutes from the beach, plus a further 10-minute walk to the more popular "couples" section of the beach. Tip: Agde station is busy, so have the hotel order a taxi for your arrival.

Room Tip: Pool-facing rooms with balconies are the nicest.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Geoffrogey

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Stayed one week, July 2012. Room excellent with all facilities except coffee/tea-making (hot drinks are available all day from the hotel, of course). Comfortable, king-size bed, large mirror on facing wall. Good air-conditioning, required some nights. Minibar, useful for keeping your chocolate and wine cool. Table and nice chair. Room was even tastefully painted. Small balcony with pleasant view of pool below and the marina ahead.
Staff friendly and helpful. No lift, just wide but dark, poorly lit spiral stairs. Could be a problem for less able guests. I tripped on them a couple of times. Ground floor rooms are available but book early if you want one. Also book early if you want a nice room anyway, as the hotel is very popular. People turning up on spec (without pre-booking) were offered accommodation in nearby villas, which vary in quality.
The pool is fantastically clean and crystal clear. There are plenty of sunbeds, though getting an umbrella for shade is sometimes a challenge. One end of the pool is waist deep, the other is chin deep.
Most guests are French. The staff speak some English. As in the village generally, it's best if you speak at least some French.
This is a naturist hotel and guests are mostly naked both by the pool and in the hotel. The atmosphere is pleasant and easy-going.
The hotel is located at the back of the naturist village, it's a short walk of about 300m to the nearest boulangerie, then just 50m to the first shopping area. From there it's maybe 500m or so to the beach, so it's a bit of a schlep but there's plenty to see as you go and it's usually an entertaining walk. There's a big advantage to the location: it's very quiet especially when compared to the complexes in the heart of the village. If you want to sleep well then Hotel Eve is a good choice.
We had a lovely week and recommend the hotel. Apart from the stairs and the absence of coffee/tea-making facilities in the room, there's really nothing to criticise. It's a good hotel. Book early and enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Book early, specify pool view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Jonni_B46
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I had a complicated and tight schedule. I was at the end of a 3-month European work trip and wanted a few days to be totally naked. I looked around the web, and decided on Eve Hotel, mainly due to price. However, I was pleasantly surprised! All of my email communications prior to arrival were handled efficiently. And they even arranged for a Taxi to meet my train at the station and take me into the Village. All professionally handled and done so with great pleasantries.

The hotel does have a 70’s/80’s throwback feel, but well kept. The Internet is a bit quirky, but you are on holiday here! (right?)

There are several parts of the property that have recently been renovated. They still have a way to go! BTW: the A/C was excellent!

The walk into the village is nice; a walk around the marina. For me, the goal was to remain without clothing for the entire duration—and walking the village sans-garb, is what made my stay that much more pleasant!

Will I stay here again? Yes! Do I recommend it? Yes.

Room Tip: I love the ground-level rooms in the main building... open onto the pool!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
14  Thank Preston-MiamiBeach
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Note that my comments are about the hotel, not the compound. The hotel was quiet, we arrived after 7pm, no reception. Lots of parking since the spa/fitness center is closed in the evenings. We picked up our keys, instructions at the compound entrance and let ourselves in. We booked a studio room for 2 people, tho it said that it could fit 4. Yes, it comes with 2 bunk beds in a tiny room (maybe 2 young children could fit in there) and a fold out couch. YUCK. The bed was miserably uncomfortable. The pillows were okay since we could use the pillows from the bunk beds as well. The shower was situated unusually which meant that when you showered, the water splashed out onto the floor. No shower curtain. There was a nice towel heater in the bathroom, which we used extensively since we didn't get replacement towels. The bathroom was small but adequate. The only concern was the black mold that was growing up in the corner above the shower. There was a kitchen but we didn't use it. There was a nice large balcony overlooking the wetlands, which was nice in the morning and early evening. There was an AC but we didn't use it at all, since the weather was perfect. Breakfast was delivered to our room (croissants, baguettes, coffee, kiwi/grapes, yogurt, jams, cereal) and the tray was taken away during the day. There were lounge chairs and umbrellas (which we forgot to take with us) available in the room. The beach was about a 10 min walk away...far enough that you don't want to forget anything in the room! There was a steam room (not that hot) and sauna and small swimming pool, but we didn't use it. There was also a fitness room (ground floor) and a spa (2nd floor up) which we also didn't use. Clientele seemed friendly, polite, and the staff was helpful and professional. I was disappointed in the restaurant options in the evenings (within walking distance) unless you like the "club" scene. I would not likely stay in this compound again, and therefore not at Hotel Eva.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank TandCfromHawaii
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We went to Cap d'Adge because we enjoy Naturism. But this Cap D' Adge is not about Naturism but about Sleaze. We had wanted to book a hotel room for one night on the way back from Spain where we had stayed in a truly naturist camp . As there was no room in the hotel available, we ended up being offered a villa . It was gross, dirty, sad and a very unpleasant experience which we will not repeat. The so-called naturist village of Cap D'adge is a poor excuse for people to parade ugly and depraved looks in the bars and hotels in the evening. We are not prude but this was a farce and the Eve hotel did not help to make it better.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
32  Thank platypus06
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I prepaid for 10 nights at Heliopolis, and left after one night. The only redeeming feature was an interesting view. Then I found Hotel Eve and loved it. Nadine and her staff are fantastic! I ended up staying 11 nights during the shoulder season, may 7th thru 18th, and didnt have to pay for wifi.The airlines lost my luggage ( which wasn't that much of a problem when you don't need any clothing anywhere) and the staff made numerous calls over 4 days 'till it was delivered to me. The pool is perfect, its only a short walk to the beach, ( ask for the shortcut thru the garage) and enjoy the freedom. While you're there, go see Johnny and Jennifer at "Johnny Wokkers" a nice little pub catering to English speaking tourists. I have a rule that I don't visit the same place twice, but I look forward to returning to hotel Eve!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
15  Thank Mountains2beaches
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I arrived from Paris to the Agde Station late due to train strike, I called the staff at Hotel Eve who promptly had a cab pick me up. Once there I was greeted and shown to my room. From the first night of my stay the staff was very accessible and answered every question. The interior of the rooms are average, but, the patio granted to most rooms is a huge plus. The pool area was a real joy. The freedom to enjoy the pool and entire hotel completely nude was utter pleasure. The staff makes this a very comfortable experience. I would recommend this hotel to other first time visitors for these reasons: You'll find a friendly, helpful, English speaking staff, a beautiful pool, and equally important you can thoroughly bask in the nude experience before you even head to the gorgeous beach, which is only a short walk from the Hotel. I found Hotel Eve to be very well staffed and an absolute wonderful place to get naked.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo