“Very Accomodating”

Hyatt Place Atlanta/Duluth/Johns Creek
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Johns Creek
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Hotel staff could not be friendlier or be any more helpful! The phone(s) in my room were having "issues" staff worked tirelessly to remedy the problem to no avail; was reaccomodated to a new room w/ profuse and sincere appolgies. I have no qualms recommending this hotel to others!

Reception is a simple affair; from greeting to room less than two minutes.

Room: Spacious, well maintained (ex. phones in prior room). Compfortable Chic.

Hotel: Well maintained, and offered a pleasant experience.

Dining: Continental Breakfast was on offer with a fair variety of name brand products and well stocked.

Full disclosure: Top tier member of the the Hyatt loyality programme.

Room Tip: Request away from elevator to keep noise to a minimum. The hotel does have a van that will take yo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed April 1, 2012

I relocated from Philadelphia to Atlanta and had to stay in a hotel for a couple of nights while I waited for the movers to arrive. My husband made a reservation for me at the Hyatt Place in Duluth, but when I arrived, they did not have my reservation and did not have any available rooms. I had stayed at that location before and LOVED it, so I was very upset! The assistant manager called the John's Creek location and they not only had a room, but they honored the price that had been quoted to me for the Duluth location.

The Johns Creek front desk folks were expecting me and greeted me warmly. The lobby was gorgeous, the staff friendly and they recommended a couple of restaurants nearby. Since my new home was very close to the general location, it was nice to go out and try one of the recommended restaurants.

As always with Hyatt Place (my favorite chain), the room was perfect with a modern decor. The bed was comfortable, the TV was huge and there was NO NOISE. The next morning, I was given a free latte for my trouble from the night before - nice touch! I can't say enough good things about this place!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CaptainJack58
HPJohnsCrekk, General Manager at Hyatt Place Atlanta/Duluth/Johns Creek, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2012

Hi, it is always wonderful to hear from our guests that have had such a pleasurable visit! Please know that I will share your comments with the staff as acknowledgement for a "job well done". We want nothing more than to give you the best possible experience and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Welcome to Johns Creek and we hope you enjoy living in our area!

Reviewed January 31, 2012

We thought of staying here just on a whim, we weren't disappointed. The hotel is really close to I-85 so it's really accessible. And there are a lot of shops and restaurants around the place too. Even if there weren't anyone at the front desk, they have ATM-like kiosks, we weren't able to try that out because there was somebody there and we have no complaints about the front desk. They were professional, friendly and prompt. The hotel's lobby looks very contemporary and cozy at the same time. The room was very spacious and you can just spend the whole day there lounging in front of the big tv. Our only beef was with the slow internet speed. The wifi signal was strong, but the speed was really slow. Breakfast was alright, it was mostly fruits, grains and all that. No eggs, sausage, bacon or what not. But for the price of our stay, I say it was alright.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your comments! You may be excited to learn we will have a new and expanded complimentary breakfast in the very near future! I hate that you experienced slow internet speed. I will share these comments with our service provider in an effort to eliminate these types of issues. Again, thank you for sharing and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed January 4, 2012

After checking in late we noticed a musty smell in the room. When we woke up the next morning the sealed window in the room had puddles of water streaming down the glass. There was mold along the wall where the sprinkler for the room was located. But that wasn't the horror it was the in wall AC/heating unit. Once we took the cover off it revealed a mold horror show. We were offered to move to another room on the same floor and it smelled worse than the room we were in and the AC unit also had mold growing. Since I considered this a serious health issue I alerted Hyatt corporate including emailing a photo of the unit and after 45 days no response.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank eaglerockbarbie

I want to personally "Thank You" for sharing your comments. Our goal is to always provide the best possible experience for our guests and I am sincerely sorry we failed to do that. Your comments are extremely valuable to me. I want you to know I do not take your comments lightly. It is apparent the areas in which additional training should, and will occur. I have shared your experience with the Executive Housekeeper as well as our Chief Engineer to ensure we, as a team, know the areas in which we need to improve. I am disheartened to know we fell behind the eight ball. I can assure you this level of cleanliness and service is not indicative of what we are capable of providing. I hope you will forgive us and will give us another opportunity to host you!

Reviewed December 19, 2011

I had a two night reservation at this hotel. Although the rooms are spacious, the bathrooms are quite small. There is a sitting area with a couch and a longer chaise sectional. The desk was a nice touch, as I spent my evenings doing school work. There is a complimentary shuttle (that travels within a three mile radius of the hotel). I found the shuttle drivers and hotel staff to be very accommodating. There are a limited number of food items that are available around the clock. Coffee and chili were available after hours (late) both nights of my stay, which, oddly enough was what I was looking for. There are several restaurants in the local area, so dining choices outside of the hotel are plentiful. I would definitely stay here again, if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Didn't know what to expect because I did not know the area.Hotel was contemporary,the lobby and dining area are together.no restaurant per se but you can order light fare and beer or wine.There is a bar.Breakfast is included but other than oatmeal no hot items.I thought it could have been better.You can order eggs which you are charged for.There is not an indoor pool.The room was clean & spacious.A very small bathroom & closet.The bed was very comfortable & no noise problems from hall etc.There is a beautiful lake & picnic area behind the hotel with a paved track to walk or jog.I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I wanted to stay as close as I could to Road Atlanta for I went to the Petit Le Mans race that was from September 28th - October 1st 2011. And I didn't care that this hotel was around 40 miles from the track. I was also saving money, I got my room for $79.00 a night. I arrived on the 30th of September and checked out October 2nd 2011. I had a couple of problems the first was when I looked at the driving directions up from I-85 I took the right exit 104 but when I got up to Highway 141 I took a left and should have taken a right. I then called the hotel and turned around. But it was to late the rush hour traffic for the area had begun. And it took forever to go 6 miles so please make sure you know how to get to this hotel. The other problem I saw at this Hyatt Place was my room #302 didn't have much of a view and when I opened the window there was no screen? I looked outside and saw a lot of trash that was on the ground. A couple of cardboard boxes and trash in general. The room was very nice the only problem I had was the light above the phone was out for the two days I was there.

Room Tip: If you want a view don't get room 302 the tree's are in the way.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Johns Creek
Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta North / Johns Creek
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites - John's Creek
Hyatt Place Duluth/Gwinnett Mall
Hyatt Place Atlanta/Norcross/Peachtree
Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta
Embassy Suites by Hilton Atlanta NE Gwinnett Sugarloaf

Been to Hyatt Place Atlanta/Duluth/Johns Creek? Share your experiences!