“Great food!”

Dining options: Reservations
Johns Creek, Georgia, United States
“Great food!”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had a Travelzoo coupon for half price for $71 of food. Staff was excellent... helpful and friendly and "spot on" with recommendations. Appetizer of artichokes was amazing as well as grilled lettuce salad with goat cheese. White viniagrette was so creamy and delicious. Fresh bread with garlic oil and lots of fresh parmesan was awesome. The dessert of chocolate cake was delicious..Now, the disappointment: Entree of seafood risotto for $25.95 was far overpriced. The chef cut the scallop in thin pieces so that I probably had only 1 in the dish. There were about 4 large shrimp. At the end of the meal, they added 20% gratuity. We had never had this done before with only 2 people at the table. Because it had been such a nice evening, we didn't challenge it. I don't know if this is their custom or if it was due to us having a coupon, but not a nice practice. I would return for the appetizer and salad, as we were almost full at that point, anyway.

• Visited February 2013

Atlanta, GA
“Your Gluten Free Florence”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Once you go gluten free, you'll find yourself dreaming of fettucine, angel hair, ravioli and divine rolls. That's how we found Dal Cuore in the first place - a hidden enclave of fresh Italian fare with superb service. It started with the GF rolls, simply the best GF bread I've eaten in 6 months - perfect texture and served warm - they even gave me a couple to take home. My GF pasta dish was so yummy and perfectly al dente that I asked what kind of pasta they used, which is when they sent me next door to the Wine shop to stock up. After tasting 15 different flavors of balsamic (what a treat), I stocked up on vinegar and pasta to cook at home. What was equally memorable about Dal Cuore was the service - again, one of the best servers we've met in the past 6 months. He made everything sound so appetizing, I feared that the chef couldn't deliver. Our Italian friend assured me that he had. We all agreed: one of the two best Italian restaurants outside the Perimeter.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Paula422
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Real Deal”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

For special occasions we like to go here. Authentic and original. You won't be sorry. The pasta dishes are great. Love the eggplant dish. The fresh baked bread loaf with dipping sauce is great too.

Visited December 2012
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Love it or hate….”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We went twice. The first time was mid-week on our way home from a trip. We had a salad, a pizza, and a bottle of wine. They were not busy so our service was good and the food was excellent.

We went back on a Friday evening with two other couples. The pastas got good reviews, the appetizers were OK, except for calamari which was pretty salty. They remade it, but it was no better the second time.

Nice wine list with reasonable markups.

Our service was poor that night but it was evident that regulars got a lot more attention. We have friends who go at least twice a month; we will probably not go back.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank phat_dawg_21
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Major Disappointment”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Was really looking forward to trying this restaurant based on the reviews. WRONG! Here's how the night progressed:
Arrived on time for reservation and was immediately seated. 4 top table but I had to sit next to the wall to avoid being bumped every time a waiter went by.
Immediately informed that there were no Caesar salads tonight. OUT OF ROMAINE! Come on, 7:30 on a Saturday night and no Romaine in an Italian restaurant. There's a Kroger 1/4 mile away. Where's the manager?
Wines are marginally overpriced. Our $40 bottle of chardonnay retails for $13-$15. I completely understand a 100% markup but this is really pushing it.
After an hour and 15 minutes our entrees arrived. My wife's veal piccata is inedible. It's barely warm, dry and tough sitting on a dry plate. Where's the white wine, butter, capers noted on the menu? My seafood risotto wasn't bad until I hit the "seasoning pocket". There was a tablespoonful sized glob of risotto that must have had all the seasoning for the dish dumped in one spot but someone forgot to mix it.
This place has some major issues. The chef should be fired for putting out food like this. The manager should be fired for all the issues mentioned above. The owner must but absent or in denial.
Our waiter did the best he could but the problems were clearly the kitchen's fault. He offered my wife another entree but she passed. She didn't want to chance another 75 minute wait. Happy Birthday honey. I hope you liked the bread.

• Visited November 2012