“Your Gluten Free Florence”
Review of Dal Cuore - CLOSED

Dal Cuore
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Once you go gluten free, you'll find yourself dreaming of fettucine, angel hair, ravioli and divine rolls. That's how we found Dal Cuore in the first place - a hidden enclave of fresh Italian fare with superb service. It started with the GF rolls, simply the best GF bread I've eaten in 6 months - perfect texture and served warm - they even gave me a couple to take home. My GF pasta dish was so yummy and perfectly al dente that I asked what kind of pasta they used, which is when they sent me next door to the Wine shop to stock up. After tasting 15 different flavors of balsamic (what a treat), I stocked up on vinegar and pasta to cook at home. What was equally memorable about Dal Cuore was the service - again, one of the best servers we've met in the past 6 months. He made everything sound so appetizing, I feared that the chef couldn't deliver. Our Italian friend assured me that he had. We all agreed: one of the two best Italian restaurants outside the Perimeter.

1  Thank Paula422

Reviewed December 14, 2012

For special occasions we like to go here. Authentic and original. You won't be sorry. The pasta dishes are great. Love the eggplant dish. The fresh baked bread loaf with dipping sauce is great too.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

We went twice. The first time was mid-week on our way home from a trip. We had a salad, a pizza, and a bottle of wine. They were not busy so our service was good and the food was excellent.

We went back on a Friday evening with two other couples. The pastas got good reviews, the appetizers were OK, except for calamari which was pretty salty. They remade it, but it was no better the second time.

Nice wine list with reasonable markups.

Our service was poor that night but it was evident that regulars got a lot more attention. We have friends who go at least twice a month; we will probably not go back.

1  Thank phat_dawg_21
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Was really looking forward to trying this restaurant based on the reviews. WRONG! Here's how the night progressed:
Arrived on time for reservation and was immediately seated. 4 top table but I had to sit next to the wall to avoid being bumped every time a waiter went by.
Immediately informed that there were no Caesar salads tonight. OUT OF ROMAINE! Come on, 7:30 on a Saturday night and no Romaine in an Italian restaurant. There's a Kroger 1/4 mile away. Where's the manager?
Wines are marginally overpriced. Our $40 bottle of chardonnay retails for $13-$15. I completely understand a 100% markup but this is really pushing it.
After an hour and 15 minutes our entrees arrived. My wife's veal piccata is inedible. It's barely warm, dry and tough sitting on a dry plate. Where's the white wine, butter, capers noted on the menu? My seafood risotto wasn't bad until I hit the "seasoning pocket". There was a tablespoonful sized glob of risotto that must have had all the seasoning for the dish dumped in one spot but someone forgot to mix it.
This place has some major issues. The chef should be fired for putting out food like this. The manager should be fired for all the issues mentioned above. The owner must but absent or in denial.
Our waiter did the best he could but the problems were clearly the kitchen's fault. He offered my wife another entree but she passed. She didn't want to chance another 75 minute wait. Happy Birthday honey. I hope you liked the bread.

3  Thank Ken K
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Party of 4 - all family - and we loved it. The food is not the same old, same old Italian fare. For an appetizer, the artichokes were fabulous. The Griglia salad with grilled romaine was unexpected and delightful. also loved the pasta Carbonara!