“Our Favorite Restaurant in Provence in 2 weeks”
Review of Le Taj Mahal

Le Taj Mahal
Reserve a Table
Fri, 7/19
8:00 PM
Ranked #9 of 348 Restaurants in Beziers
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

A meal at Le Taj Mahal if you are in Beziers should not be missed. As Indian restuarants go this was excellent food. A welcome break from the selection on offer in Provence for the tourist of Pizza, Pasta, Tapas and Burgers.

Set in an airconditioned pleasantly dining room we were served by two efficient and polite young men.

We shared samosas that were perfectly cooked in a crisp pastry accompanied with 3 types of chutney, & a side salad.

Mains were Chicken Tikka Masala, Vegetable Biryani, a fabulous plain Nan and an extra rice.

The whole meal was superb & cost €44.80

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed June 27, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner there tonight. Good service. Was a little disappointed at first when they couldn't do lemon rice but in the end was quite glad as the keema rice that I had instead was really very good. The jalfrezi W's well cooked, a bit surprised at the massive chunks of chicken with the red tinge and secretly wondered if they had given me tandoori chicken in a jalfrezi sauce. But it worked, I had a really enjoyable meal.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 18, 2018

We found this restaurant on TA and decided to give it a try. This place is worthy of its reviews. Tandoori chicken was possibly the best I ever had. My GF had Chicken Vindaloo and loved it - very spicy! Naan bread also yummy. Service was excellent - a great value and experience. I highly recommend!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed March 16, 2018

The Taj Mahal had been recommended by friends, Indian restaurants being a rarity in this part of France. We were not dissappointed, we both had set menus. Paul my husband consisted of Shami Kebab, Tandoori Chicken and delice de mangue (16€) I had the Vegetarian Thali starter was onion bhaji & veggie samosa, then a tray of chickpea curry, saag, allo gobi, pillau rice and raita followed by my favourite Kulfi (18,50€).
The portions were good, fresh ingredients, freshly cooked and as advised I asked for the spicier version (the French are not used to hot flavours). The staff were attentive, the restaurant got busier as the evening wore on, it is obviously very popular. Bottled Kingfisher beer brewed in Maidstone!!
The owner asked our names when we paid so he could remember us next time and that won't be too far in the future

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I must admit I was a bit sceptical about an Indian restaurant outside the UK, as we have been disappointed several times before. However, all four of us were absolutely delighted with the quality of the food, the very friendly and helpful waiter, who spoke perfect English, the service in general and the choices on the menu, all very reasonably priced. We couldn't fault it. I hope it will keep its high standards, as I'd love to return next time we are in Béziers.

Date of visit: January 2018