“Best Curry Since I left Leicester in 1983”
Review of Le Taj Mahal

Le Taj Mahal
Reserve a Table
Mon, 7/22
8:00 PM
Ranked #11 of 348 Restaurants in Beziers
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Reviewed March 16, 2018

The Taj Mahal had been recommended by friends, Indian restaurants being a rarity in this part of France. We were not dissappointed, we both had set menus. Paul my husband consisted of Shami Kebab, Tandoori Chicken and delice de mangue (16€) I had the Vegetarian Thali starter was onion bhaji & veggie samosa, then a tray of chickpea curry, saag, allo gobi, pillau rice and raita followed by my favourite Kulfi (18,50€).
The portions were good, fresh ingredients, freshly cooked and as advised I asked for the spicier version (the French are not used to hot flavours). The staff were attentive, the restaurant got busier as the evening wore on, it is obviously very popular. Bottled Kingfisher beer brewed in Maidstone!!
The owner asked our names when we paid so he could remember us next time and that won't be too far in the future

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I must admit I was a bit sceptical about an Indian restaurant outside the UK, as we have been disappointed several times before. However, all four of us were absolutely delighted with the quality of the food, the very friendly and helpful waiter, who spoke perfect English, the service in general and the choices on the menu, all very reasonably priced. We couldn't fault it. I hope it will keep its high standards, as I'd love to return next time we are in Béziers.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 8, 2018

The presentation of the food excellent a with ample portions. Friendly and helpful staff and pleasing attractive decor.good choice of dishes. We will certainly go again.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

Located near the centre of Bezier this restaurant is a good choice for who likes Indian food. Real Indian homemade plates adopted to your spicy level. very friendly staff and there are many more to discover, definitely come back.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 6, 2017

Nestled in the back streets of Béziers one finds Le Taj Mahal, an unassuming, bright, and pleasant indian restaurant. What makes the difference is the fact this eatery is probably as close to a proper British curry as we have found in France. In saying that their Korma and Tikka Massala dishes are more on the sweet side than spicey, although I believe one can ask for the dishes with the heat turned up. There were however some very notable dishes ... Chicken Tikka Zalpaze ( Jalfrezi ?) was excellent as were the onion bhajis to start and the Naans were to die for. Considering the location I can't say they offer fantastic value for money as I thought the mains were expensive for what they were, our bill came in just shy of €100 for four including a half bottle of Rosé and a litre of water..... sometimes only a curry will do.

Date of visit: November 2017