“Generous portions of traditional French cuisine at 12€90!”

Restaurant Cote Sud
Ranked #66 of 346 Restaurants in Beziers
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2018

My favourite restaurant in Béziers. I eat there most days on the terrace which has full sun all through the winter.
There is also a Spanish tiled interior and a heated patio at the back.

There are great specialities such as fish soup and stuffed mussels and the portions are very generous. As well as the excellent value menu de jour at 12€90 which most people choose there is carte and various suggestions of more expensive dishes that the chef has been able to obtain freshly that day at the market, such as a whole turbot or sole.
It would be a shame to assume that the copious portions of things such as cassoulet or pot au feu on the daily menu are all that is on offer.

It is full of regular customers with the atmosphere of a busy brasserie, and Fridays are a particularly busy day so be prepared for a wait if you go then

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed April 22, 2017

We had the plat du jour, which was the Blanquette de Veau. It was excellent and so was the salad that came with it. We ate in the interior terrace, which has nice atmosphere and is open to the outside. I am looking forward to my next trip there to see what will be on the plat du jour that day.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed August 6, 2016

We have eaten here on a few occasions over the past few years after a morning's shopping in Beziers. It is always full of local people eating during their lunchbreak (a good sign in my view). There is an inner courtyard during the summer months and when it is cooler the main dining room is cosy and traditional. We have always eaten well - on our last visit we had baby squid sauteed with garlic, parsley and a little fresh tomato - it was so fresh and delicious. I guess they buy their products from the Halles opposite on a daily basis. Other items on the menu are also very local - stuffed mussels, palourdes en persiade, magret de canard etc. The service is efficient and friendly and the wine en-carafe very drinkable. I can highly recommend this restaurant, especially at lunchtime, since I have not eaten there in the evening.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed April 5, 2016

Well after our visit last year we were looking forward to visiting again for lunch. We took some friends with us and we all had the plat du jour. This turned out to be fish, and I'm sad to say that it was not cooked properly - indeed virtually raw. When this was pointed out we got a kind of apology but were left with the impression that they really could not care less. So I'm afraid we won't be going back there again.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed September 19, 2015

Nice unusual lunch...cuttle fish with a veal farci. Never seen this on a menu before & it was delicious with rice & a cream sauce & a garlic tomato sauce. We were given a complementary pear liqueur at the end . Hate to say this but I would have expected a higher bill for the quality of food.

Date of visit: September 2015