“Charming place away from the main restaurant area ”

La Paella de la Mer
Ranked #62 of 256 Restaurants in Argeles-sur-Mer
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Dear customers The restaurant now close sunday 17.09.2017. It's the end of the season! I was happy to cook for you and thank you for your coming in my restaurant! Next year same place I will open in the beginning of juin 2018. Have a nice winter wherever you stay. Thank you and see you soon!!! Ingrid
Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely paella lunch here, in the last week of the season. I gather it can be very busy at the height of the season but on a weekday in September we had the place almost to ourselves.

ingrid b, Propriétaire at La Paella de la Mer, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2017

Thank you a lot, I'm so happy to read, that you had a nice moment in our restaurant!
See you again , Ingrid

Reviewed August 25, 2015

I went there with my girlfriend yesterday for lunch on the way back from the beach and that was just magic! A piece of Spain in the middle of Argelès. I am a fanatic of spanish culture and have been many times to spain but this is definitely the best paella i've ever eaten. Service was amazing, you just feel like part of the family. Don't forget to order the meli mato as a dessert and what a surprise when we got the bill, great value! Thank you so much for this unique experience, we will be back for sure!

2  Thank Leonidaaas
Reviewed July 27, 2015

Me and my girlfriend went there for dinner, we had a paella, a tomato salad and a gazpacho. The salad consisted of supermarket mozzarella balls, a couple of tomatos and some tasteless green salad, 8,5 € for that is borderline steal. Paella was alright, nothing special and gazpacho was not bad, but not really worth 5 € for a glass. Wine was good value though. They also charged 2 € for service, first time ever I have been charged for service in France, ironic since service was mediocre.

Reviewed July 7, 2015 via mobile

This is a very informal setup with benches (you may have to share with strangers) that makes for a very convivial affair. The food is very keenly priced and the paella and gambas were particularly good. A refreshing change to the overpriced and often mediocre Alle des Pins. The hostesses were also very friendly.

1  Thank RadioParty
Reviewed July 2, 2015

Very casual atmosphere. Extremely nice cook and server. Accomodating 4 adults and 2 children-7 & 5 years old. Both enjoyed the mussels. The mixed paella and the black one were tasty, fresh and cooked in front of us. Certain items like zarzuela on the menu should be ordered ahead of time. Natural rose wine satisfactory. Apricot ice cream home made-delicious!!

1  Thank Daniela P