“If it wasn't for the golf course...”

Novotel Saint Quentin Golf
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
CARDIFF
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Hotel is in a quiet location with fenced car parking. When we visited during the school holidays the area was very quiet but situated near a University complex so may be different when students are back. Hotel room had excellent views over the golf course. Clean, crisp bedlinen and plenty of towels. Large sofa bed with separate fold out beds for the children. Comfortable king size double bed. We had the fixed price menu in the on-site restaurant which was excellent value, the freshly cooked omelettes are superb. Although the layout of the roads with a central bus lane was a little confusing it took only 10 minutes to get to Versailles by car. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Only one disappointment when we arrived after a very long and hot journey the outdoor pool which looked so inviting was closed because of problems with the water.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I booked my hotel room at Novotel Saint Quentin last month and immediately realized that I had made a mistake. I booked 2 rooms (one for two nights, one for three nights). When I realized that the second room was booked for three night, I called them immediately. They told me to email the general manager which I did, with no response for several weeks. I attempted multiple times to call and was put on hold for up to 10 minutes at a time, which is not cheap when calling France from America. When I received a response via email they said they would still be charging me for the third night, but I could use that money towards incidentals. When I was to check out I asked the young lady at customer service to verify that we were not charged for incidentals and she was very rude and refused to print me any verification. Every time I tried to communicate with someone at this hotel I was treated like a nuisance. This should not be the philosophy of those with working in the hospitality industry. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and It gives a bad name to the Novotel brand. As a matter of fact I will spread the world on all the travel sites I can find until Novotel decides to treat my situation with some importance. What a disgrace.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Rachida E

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines hotels

Telford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Game to the hotel on business, single travellor for one evening. Was planning on working late and working out. Room was clean and adequate, plenty of parking space, hotel was also easy to find. Have a room that overlooked golf course (this looked very impressive). Did not play course but could easily see that the course was quite special.

Food in hotel was reasonable and well priced, had the house wine which was excellant. Service was very good, everyone from reception to everyone that served me (both resturants, bar man and even the cleaning staff) all attempted to answer your questions in a positve pleasent way. I'm embarrased to say me French skills are quite poor, the staff did not let this bother them and work hard to answer my questions in english, very impressive all round.

My only negatives about this hotel was the wifi was very inconsistant (Although it was free) and the gym was very poor, 1 running machine (which did not work) and 1 rowing machine (which did not work). The weights looked like they were 40 years old.

So for me the hotel is a 4 out of 5, plus points are staff, food and wine, if your a golfer then you will love this course, you can see why it's the 2018 ryder cup venue. If your a fitness person who travels on business, the lack of wife and the state of the gym is a negative.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 329, not so close to lift and lovely view over golf course.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel was very comfortable. The staff were quite helpful, and the lobby had an XBOX and kinect. It is located only about 15 minutes from the Versailles Palace, and only 1/2 hour from Paris City Centre. It also had a good restaurant, and a swimming pool. The main attraction for us was the TENNIS COURT!!! It was awesome. Overall, I loved this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Hyde, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

Suggestion from me - Stay elsewhere if in this region!
This hotel is only about taking your money and they offer v poor quality.
The rooms are very average typical for €50 Hotel, wireless internet is free, which is good but there is no signal (Well not in room 108 anyway).
The bed was very hard and I got little sleep.
Breakfast is ok at 7AM but the room was in a complete mess at 8.30AM no cleaned tables and very little food left!
I ate 2 nights and both times was disapointed, 2nd night had Steak which was both cold and like boot leather so sent it back, it was then warmed up and returned (Not acceptable).

Stay elsewhere is my recommendation there are lots of small very nice Hotels close by with good food and excellent service.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MSportmad
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines
BEST WESTERN The Wish Versailles
Hotel Mercure Saint Quentin en Yvelines Centre
Hotel Mercure Saint Quentin en Y...
#3 of 7 in Montigny-le-Bretonneux
Ibis Styles Versailles Guyancourt
Trianon Palace Versailles, A Waldorf Astoria Hotel
Ibis Hotel Saint Quentin en Yvelines Velodrome
Ibis Hotel Saint Quentin en Yvel...
#1 of 7 in Montigny-le-Bretonneux
Campanile Voisins Le Bretonneux
Campanile Voisins Le Bretonneux
#1 of 1 in Voisins-le-Bretonneux

Been to Novotel Saint Quentin Golf? Share your experiences!