“Traditional French brasserie”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Nice view and atmosphere. Food typical French . Good tasting but conservative . Easy to reach the restaurante by RER , the station is close by.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

From Shellfish to Steak Tartare and andouilette, this is a traditional brasserie right in front the castle and steps from regional RER Station. Elegant place but not overdone. Nothing to say about Service. Food is good, classical, nice offer between fish and meat. A lot of locals which is always a good sign.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Service exceptional although on a expensive side but faultless.
The sea food was fresh and the desserts were mouth watering

Reviewed August 28, 2012

We ate here the other night and the terrible service and 'don't care' attitude of the waiters completely spoiled the evening. They obviously had too many customers for the kitchen to cope with (but were still accepting more walk-in customers). The waiters were rushed off their feet but did not apologize for the huge delay in getting food. All they said was that we had to put up with it as the kitchen was busy and it was, after all, August (I think a reference to the fact that staff may be on holiday). We won't be going back.

1  Thank hongkongexpat17
Reviewed August 27, 2012

We are frequently in St-Germain-en-Laye being the birthplace of my partner. We have enjoyed many dinners at this Brasserie and by and large, have been satisfied with the quality of the food and the service. Last evening we hosted my two adult sons and while they were pleased with a veal dish, my beefsteak was tough and without flavour. Tonight my partner and I dined again at the restaurant and although we had fine meal, an incident before the dessert course left us angry and incredulous. A waiter tripped on our table leg and the entire table tipped causing red wine to slosh onto the floor all over my purse and across the table onto my companion's light coloured trousers. Although there was a very brief period of concern shown by the waiter, we became somewhat alarmed when he walked off and went on to serve other tables as if nothing had happened. Our table was soaking wet with the spilled sparkling water and red wine, spilled food, etc. After we waited patiently for about 15 minutes, our patience had warn thin. Only when I physically confronted the waiter and forced him back to our table to get it cleaned up and our wine replaced did any action occur. He refused to apologize, acted like nothing had happened and tried to make us feel that we were being demanding. Sympathetic clients around us seemed as dismayed as we were with the attitude. Eventually I called the waiter back to explain why this had been such an under - response to an extremely bad situation and he continued to act like it was of no consequence. At one point he offered one free coffee as compensation for our ruined evening and the ruined trousers. Upon leaving we asked to speak with the manager who shared the waiter's indifference to the situation. If you have a special evening in mind, avoid this establishment. There are better places to visit in St. Germain-en-Laye as other reviewers have pointed out.

2  Thank constanttraveller100