“Rooms too small, but adequate”

Ibis Styles Paris Saint Denis Plaine
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Saint-Denis
Paris, France
“Rooms too small, but adequate”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Good rate for the type and quality of service. Tried to put too much in the room.
I will recommend this hotel but not for the standard Rate of 130 euros per night.
The location doesn't help the hotel. I found staff very helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Marc H, Manager at Ibis Styles Paris Saint Denis Plaine, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Customer,

Many thanks for your opinions about Hotel ibis styles.
In spite of little room , we have great confort appreciate.
The average rooms on next Paris often littlest.
I hope you to see again.
Kind Regards.
Marc Hatri
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Uccle, Belgium
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed only one night and I am not going to return. Not worthy the 130 paid for one night. The only advantage was that it was really close to the institution where I had a meeting. The neighborhood of the hotel is not at all friendly. The hotel has been renovated, but has very thin walls and you feel like someone is trying to get in your room each time when one of your floor neighbors is opening or closing his/her door. Bathroom could have been cleaner. Staff ok and breakfast correct for an ibis.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Uccle_13
Marc H, Manager at Ibis Styles Paris Saint Denis Plaine, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Hello Mr,

So sorry for your sleeping booking room and for not enough quiet around the landscaped area , but the futur city will be change with new builts of great quality.
Some times hotel have many group on week, so perhaps much people unavable to stay quiet.
Many thanks for you true reply on the webside.
Best regards
Marc Hatri
Manager

Travelers are raving about these Saint-Denis hotels

Linz, Austria
Reviewed December 4, 2012

They promise more than they can hold. It smells everywhere in the hotel like a toilet. They write that there is WiFi - but they told us on the first day that there is "a little problem" with the network - on day 3, there is no WiFi yet. The english of the people on the reception is mostly bad or they don't speek english. The room itself is OK, but poor for this price. The receptionists can't give you good advices. You've to walk 5 minutes to the metro. I wouldn't book this any more.

Room Tip: Book another hotel - really!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Me and my husband stayed at this hotel after changing our choice to save £50, a big mistake!! After walking through the rain to find the hotel which is in a ‘dodgy’ looking area I was relieved to find it but was soon disappointed when I saw the room. The hotel is very dated this is visible in the lift and the hallways which are very dark and dingy. The room was ok, but like the rest of the hotel was given a lick of paint in the hopes of making it look more appealing but for me this attempt has failed. The hotel is not the worst I have stayed in but for an extra £30 I know I could have got something miles better.
The breakfast was very basic consisting of a lot of bread, and other hotel guests thought that it was appropriate to squeeze every bread roll until they found one they liked (not a fault of the hotel but was not appealing to see). As for the hotel area, when I described it as dodgy it is, however I have never been bothered by anyone no matter where I have travelled, I think that if you are a timid traveller this area might be a problem, but for those that are not fazed by groups of guys hanging out on the streets all day it is fine.
It is about a 5 minute walk from the stade de France and does not take long to get into central Paris, so I would recommend if you are travelling on a budget and only really need somewhere to sleep and wash. However it is not the prettiness hotel and the hallways are overly perfumed which I believe is to cover up a horrid smell that is becomes evident if you take the stairs.

Some staff that work on reception at night are very nice and helpful, the gentleman let me use his personal computer as the one in reception stopped working (there is also free wifi available in the rooms).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Late in the evening I came to the hotel where I had a reservation via your web applications. At the reception I was greeted by the gentleman who was very unfriendly. He told me that this provision does not apply and there is no available rooms at the hotel. After more than one hour quarreling offered me accommodation in the hotel, which was 25 km away. Since it was late and I landed on it. He called a taxi, which took me to the hotel, which belongs to the same group. Taxi dropped me off outside the hotel where the receptionist again and pretended to say that no rooms, but booking is OK and you should get a room there. Go when I wanted to call the police, he allowed me to leave the room but for one night only. This happened at three in the morning. So and so I was already tired of the way to Paris, then I was unkind hoteliers have been tortured for several hours and we picked up a lot of money. In addition to loss of valuable time, bad mood and other inconveniences, I have to unnecessarily pay more taxi and the room rate was significantly higher, as I booked through your applications. I expect compensation proposal on your part.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

1 Thank Andrej G
Fakenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Was ideal for walking to the Stande de France which was what we wanted to go to.
Found it to be very clean and the beds really comfy.
The only criticism we found was there was no literature in the room at all about the hotel ect..and the reception staff did not speak any English. We was lucky another customer could translate what time breakfast was (from 7.00am ).
The area was a bit worrying at first, but we did feel safe when walking back from a late concert.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple