Courtyard by Marriott Paris Saint Denis
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Ibis Styles Paris Saint Ouen(Seine-Saint-Denis)
Hotel Gallieni(Gennevilliers)
  • Breakfast included
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
All reviewsmetro stationcarrefour pleyelde francenice hotelfree wifi in the lobbybusiness tripcdg airportcity centrearound the cornereiffel towerreception areaminute walkroom keypublic transporteuroparistaxi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I knew exactly what I was getting into; a Marriott property with all the advantages of a Marriott property in a less than central location - and a great price. I ended up staying 7 days at the hotel (my original plan was only 4) and I really have nothing but excellent things to say about the hotel.

Location: The hotel is 5 minutes from the Carrefour Pleyel stop on the Metro 13 line. The Paris Metro is a horror - overcrowded at all times of the day and no air conditioning - but it can take you anywhere you want to go with one or two changes. The ride from the hotel to central Paris is about 15 minutes, once the train comes.

Staff: Outstanding. Everyone I came in contact with at the hotel was friendly, spoke excellent English, and was extremely helpful. I had numerous train tickets that needed to be printed during my stay, and the front desk staff had them printed for me within minutes. Great people.

Room: Large, clean, well air conditioned and excellent internet connection. Some of the best pillows I have ever had at a hotel (I wish I could have taken one of them home with me). The hotel was quiet, very little hallway noise, and a true pleasure to "come home to" at night.

Restaurant: I ate there five nights and every plate was excellent. At first I thought the food maybe a bit over priced, but Paris is simply an expensive city to eat in. I love the Tomato & Mozzarella starter as well as the Mediterranean Cold Cut starter. (The English menu says its "colt cuts" and for a while I was confused.) I had the plat du jour a couple of times and they were mostly excellent. Don't be afraid to "eat in" during your stay.

There is also a 24 hour 'market' where everything is way over priced (3E for a 33cl can of diet pepsi). There is a small general market right where you get off the Metro that sells everything at a fraction of the cost of the hotel market (for example, a 1.5L Diet coke is 2.30E compared to that 3E can which is 1/5th the size.)

I highly recommend this hotel, as long as you can live with the location.

Room Tip: Ask for the back side, although I don't believe either front or back gets very noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank viapanam
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My Grandson and I have just returned to the UK after spending 4 very pleasant nights in this hotel. Our twin room (No. 316) was an excellent size, which overlooked the rear of the property and was extremely quiet. It was scrupulously clean and very well equipped with two exceptionally comfortable 3/4 size beds. The fridge, safe, iron/ ironing board, complimentary toiletries and tea/coffee making facilities in the room were very welcome touches and the aircon' was superb.

The inclusive breakfast in our package was top notch with a very varied selection of good hot and cold food to choose from. Breakfast can be eaten inside or outside on the small pleasant courtyard if preferred.

The staff are a credit to the hotel and I found them to be very pleasant and most helpful at all times.

I had read many mixed views about the area around the hotel before our departure, but whilst there I found it to be a very quiet area and we felt extremely comfortable and safe just walking around at all times. Although the hotel is outside Paris, it is just a short 5 minute walk to the nearest Metro, which will get you into the city within 20 minutes. It is also very well connected for the airport as the RER B line runs from the airport to Saint Denis (saves on expensive taxi charges to and from the airport).

Just so this is is a balance review one area for improvement would be the WiFi which, as some other reviewers have touched on, is chargeable at just under 7€ per hour/20€ per day and was not that fast in our experience. However, this pales into insignificance when taking everything else into account.

In short, I found this hotel to be a little gem and unbeatable value and certainly made our visit very enjoyable indeed and I will definitely be returning.

Thanks to everyone concerned.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Hughes209
Reviewed July 22, 2013

A bit removed and not in the better part of Paris, this property is still very clean and nice - especially if you want to be fairly near the Airport. It is close to the Metro but not direct to most of the sights. Food is mediocre and overpriced and expensive parking but still would recommend it with those caveats.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 2 night whilst in Paris for a concert. The hotel reception is very plus, modern and comfortable, Secure underground parking was provided. The rooms were modern, clean will everything you would need, tea & Coffee, plenty of fluffy towels and a huge bed. We had dinner on one evening in the hotel and it was very nice and freshly cooked although prices are a tad high (8 Euro for a beer) The staff were very helpful and always pleasant and polite. The metro is 2 mins walk away and only one stop from Stad De France stadium. In the opposite direction only 15 mins on the tube to the centre of Paris. Perfect hotel, Great service and location.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We chose this hotel due to its proximity to Stade de France. It is one Metro stop away at the St. Denis - Porte de Paris stop and the Carrefour Pleyel metro stop is a short distance from the hotel. It is also just a few stops into central Paris.

The hotel is relatively new with good-sized rooms and bathrooms and is clean and well-maintained. There is a bar and restaurant at the hotel; we took breakfast one morning (offered a half-price rate at check in) and it was excellent and worth the 5 euro per person price - although I am not sure I would have paid 10 euro for it (the normal price). The rooms have a good workspace and decent lighting, and the beds are comfortable.

The neighborhood is mostly commercial and as such, very quiet. There is a small shop nearby which will beat the prices at the Courtyard's "market" by a long shot (3-4 euro for a drink!) However, this is not a great neighborhood. I was fine during the day but after the concert at Stade de France we walked back (along with many others doing the same thing) because the line for the Metro was incredibly long. I would not recommend this walk by yourself or in anything less than a small group. I am a jaded New Yorker and it takes a lot to make me concerned - the only reason I was not was because so many other people were around and walking. (Google Streetview will not show you the shanty town underneath the overpass.)

All in all a solid choice if you need to be close to the stadium for an event.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business