“Great little hotel, fantastic staff”

Courtyard by Marriott Paris Saint Denis
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Saint-Denis
London, United Kingdom
“Great little hotel, fantastic staff”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We arrived at the hotel about 9pm after a tiring delayed Eurostar train. Our check in was very simple and the staff (Sabrina i think) was very friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious and clean with a very nice bathroom. The room was the normal Marriott standard, huge bed and very comfortable. The hotel is in a very quiet area surrounded by businesses. however the metro is only 5 minutes away and most of the famous landmarks are about 15-20mina away by metro. Breakfast and internet connection was included in our stay which was really good although the lobby does also have free wifi. The breakfast was great. everything was fresh and the staff could not do enough to help. Ludouic the restaurant manager was brilliant. he made sure that everyone was happy and it was very nice to see a manager out giving great service. The location might not be perfect for tourists but personally, I think it was nice to be in a quiet and peaceful area. The staff at this hotel are a real assert to Marriott. The service and attention we received surpassed any other Marriott I've stayed in, including the 5* ones!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Rugby was the reason for our visit but hotel was fine as base for sightseeing for the rest of the stay. 20 minute walk to stadium, 5 minutes to metro and 20 minute trip to centre. Breakfast good and service friendly. Rooms comfy, clean, modern and quiet, What more can you expect for £80 per night.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Chartwell1801
Finland
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This Marriot hotel in Saint Denis is far from nightlife and shopping. Our trip was pure business trip near the company headoffice. Clean room and good breakfast. Special thanks for nice personal with good english language skils with smile.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Darbuka
Salt Lake City
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I gave this hotel an excellent rating because of the the free WIFI in the lobby, which is a plus!! This hotel is a little out of the way for being a tourist; however, it is close to some fabulous eateries and metro stops. Very clean, friendly staff, comfortable beds, and front desk people that speak English. I believe it was only a 12 minute cab ride from the Paris Nord train station. Very affordable, too!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stroller_Snob
Llanrhaeadr ym Mochnant, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

This hotel could exist anywhere in the world, it is a 'plastic' replica of every other Holiday Inn Courtyard hotel. The rooms are 'okay', service 'adequate', food very much 'mixed'. Overall, it is probably just about alright for a one night stay as a tourist, but don't expect much for your money. Staff try to be helpful, but they are battling the corporate machine and have little to work with. Will stay at two star privately owned hotel next time - much cheaper, better service, great food and better location.

• Stayed November 2012
Denver
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 1 night of 4 while in Paris. We stayed here because I had points and that is the ONLY reason why. First off just Wikipedia Saint Denis. It is an area 'infamous' for crime. We didn't have any issues specifically in Saint Denis, however this area is definitely ghetto, at least compared to the other 2 locations we stayed at in Paris. We did encounter a fight on the train leaving Saint Denis to our next location....needless to say 2 dummies got in a punching match and left the only jacket I brought on the trip covered in blood...GROSS.

This was my first trip to Paris, thank God we did not stay the entire time at this hotel. I arrived via train from London, I had to take 3 trains from the Gare du Nord (suitcase in tow) to get to Carreflour pleyel, the station about 5 min walk to the Courtyard. I arrived, exhausted, cold and hoping for an early checkin. The very rude front desk lady quickly advised check in was not until 3 pm. And that was pretty much it...she was not nice, not helpful and pretty stereotypical Parisian/French RUDE. Thankfully she was the only person on our trip that fit that RUDE stereotype. It's unfortunate she represents the Courtyard/Marriott brand. I kind of hung around the hotel, trying to connect to the lobby Wifi...no luck...the computers in the lobby did not automatically connect you to the internet either...I was awaiting my husbands arrival from CDG and couldn't check in so I decieded to walk around. This area has NOTHING to do within walking distance and really was just pretty sketchy. So I went back to the hotel. An older lady who I'm assuming is a manager was in the lobby, she welcomed me into the hotel and was very nice, offered me something to drink, etc. about 15 minutes later a large group came to check in and successfully checked in....I decided to ask the nicer older lady if there was a room available...and there sure was...and it was only 12:30 pm, about a 1/2 hour after I was told to basically come back at 3pm, cause that is 'check in'.

So some Pros: Metro is 5 min walk to line 13 that takes you into Paris ( I recommend the Paris METRO app you can get on your smart phone).
Room was nice, bed comfy, very roomy, and room had a fridge
Cons: Wifi 20 euro/day ...... booooo!

If your going to Paris for the first time, stay in Paris...not Saint Denis....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Amandi34
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was supposed to be a nice 4 nights in Paris. This hotel was expensive, the staff rude, the room dirty, holes in the towels, mould on the walls, 17 euro for breakfast, 25 euro for wireless in your room. I stayed with my husband and my son and if we hadn't paid up front we would have moved hotels. It is in the middle of no where - 30 minutes by metro from centre of Paris (also you need to take the number 139 bus not 255 as displayed on web site. Also it's 50 euro to the airport and even more on Sundays. I would not recommend anyone stay at this hotel ever.....we tried to complain as we checked out and we were ignored!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family