“Good Breakfast, Bad room, Carpet was soiled”

Novotel Paris Orly Rungis
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Rungis
TXAggieLady
“Good Breakfast, Bad room, Carpet was soiled”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My flight was cancelled due to weather and I booked the cheapest closest hotel to Orly. I think the previous guest had snuck a dog in the room because the room smelled like dog poop. The bathroom layout is not good. I had the maids change out the bed linen thinking that was the source of the smell and it wasn't. I asked for a room change and there were no rooms left.

The good thing was the American style breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
NOR1628, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Orly Rungis, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am really sorry to read that you haven't enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
Nevertheless, I am glad that our breakfast tasted you.

Could you please precise us your staying dates and your room number in order I can ask my Housekeeping manager to check what happened and to find a way to apologize for this annoyance?

Hoping to hearing from you soon.

Best Regards

Richard LAINE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

The front desk staff were particularly helpful when I needed directions to a petrol station and to drop off the hire car. Food is good and the breakfast selection is great.
I am not so keen on the bathroom layout, particularly the hand basin where the tap sticks out a long way. This is awkward when washing your face or shaving.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Paris.

I am glad reading our team catered as best as possible to your needs and that you have enjoyed your meals in the hotel.
Could you please contact me as I would need more explanation about the matter you mention about the bathroom ?

Hoping to being able to discuss it with you during your next stay in Novotel Paris Orly Rungis.

Best Regards

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights, and the room was great, in terms of space, cleanliness. Bathroom and WC separate making them spacious too. Loved the breakfast. Nice spread. Overall, if I have to visit Paris and I am flying to the Orly airport, it sure will be Novotel again :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
NOR1628, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Orly Rungis, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear guest,

I thank you for having stayed in our hotel for your stopover in Paris.

I am glad reading that you enjoyed our rooms and our breakfast. We would be glad welcoming you very soon again for your next stay nearby Orly Airport.

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Very nice location if you have to travel from orly airport
About 45 mins from the city and 45 mins CDG airport
Staff very helpfull
Good breakfast spread and stays on till 11 a.m
Spacious and clean rooms with all facilities

• Stayed September 2013
NOR1628, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Orly Rungis, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear guest,

I am glad you enjoyed your stopover at Novotel Paris Orly Rungis.

I thank you for having taken some time to share your comments on Tripadvisor.

Hoping to being able to welcome you very soon again.

Heathcote
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We booked one night at this airport hotel. We had a package with half board, so dinner was included. Our room was huge with a queen bed, sofa, table for four, fridge, two comfy chairs, a separate toilet, a bathroom with a shower and separate tub, free nibbles and soft drinks, free wifi and a free shuttle to the airport. Amazing value. Our only issue was that the shuttle runs hourly in the afternoon and we missed one, waiting nearly an hour before another hotel's driver took us to our hotel. This was the biggest hotel room ever. Front desk staff were very nice as we're dinner wait staff. Couldn't find anyone in the restaurant in the am, but it was a buffet. Great hotel for a short stay or a longer one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Leslye T
Dear guest,

I thank you for having chosen our hotel.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and the different services of the hotel.
Actually, the free shuttle bus to Orly Airport passes by in average every 30 minutes except on 1-2 schedules between noon and 2 pm (schedules can be find at reception but also on our website). I apologize that you haven't been welcomed at breakfast. Please be sure that I have informed my Food and Beverage Manager that will solve that.

Hoping to welcome you for a next stay in Paris.

Ottawa, Ontario
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here for an overnight stay before flying back to Canada in late August. It is very secluded as far as sights or restaurants are concerned but the room was very comfortable and we got a lot for the price we payed: a room for three, included b-fast, wifi and shuttle to the airport. They also gave us a bottle of water at check-in and gave my son a "tech deck" type of finger skateboard toy (which costs over $5.00 in Canada). The negatives were: dinner was not worth what they charged and the pool was freezing. Worth the stay if you need an overnight before flying to or from Orly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Averysmommy
Dear guest,

Thank you for having stayed with your family in our hotel for your stopover at Paris Orly Airport.

I am glad you enjoyed our room and our service. Concerning dinner, could you please contact me to give me more details in order to check what happened ? We have an outdoor swimming pool not warmed up at the moment but we are working on improving that point soon.

Hoping that you will still consider our hotel for your next stay in Paris.

Anderlues
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Being a loyal customer off Accor group, i recently spent 4 nights in the Novotel Rungis.

The hotel is situated approx 7 km from Orly airport, and is a combination of an airport hotel and a business hotel ( deserving the business area around it)

In walking distance you'll find at least 6 other hotels, ( even a mercure which is also very good) but this novotel beats them all.
- Rooms are clean, well isolated, mini bar is full and well monitored
- Internet works perfectly fine everywhere in the hotel
- Food is really good ( exceptional for an airport hotel !)
- Service level is high, even better than what novotel usually offers ( offer that is already nice)

Little extra : the lovely " la marée " - a fres fish brasserie/restaurant is only 5' away with a free shuttle service. Don't miss that place !

Except for the huge crowds in the morning ( mainly asian tourists invading the breakfast room) i can not come up with negatives.

I recommend this hotel for business stays in the orly area, for overnights after/before an Orly flight.
Paris sightseeing is also possible when "mobile"..

Congrats to the staff. You guys are doing well. Keep on going.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank castorateur
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay in Paris and for having shared your experience with the other travellers.

I am really pleased you enjoyed our hotel, location, food and service. My team and myself are always trying to do our best to satisfy our clients and their well-being is our main purpose. I have shared your comments with all the staff members.

Hoping to welcome you very soon again.

Richard LAINE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rungis
Best Western Plus Paris Orly Airport
Mercure Paris Orly Rungis Hotel
Mercure Paris Orly Aeroport
Ibis Budget Paris Orly Aeroport
Hilton Paris Orly Airport
Ibis Paris Orly Aeroport

Been to Novotel Paris Orly Rungis? Share your experiences!