“Trip to south of France”

Mercure Paris Orly Rungis Hotel
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Rungis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Porto Alegre
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great hotel, above Mercure's average, staff is helpful and there is a shuttle going of and from the hotel to the Airport. Made out last night really confortable and pleasant.
Would not recommend it if you are visiting Paris. The only reason to book this hotel is if your are going to the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel is 4 stars. It has an amazing view from the top floors. It has very good service. The rooms have TVs, safes, refrigerators and an amazing bathroom. Best of all a very strong,free Internet connection!
Highly recommended if you come to Paris and it is 30 minutes away from the Eiffel Tower(Without Traffic).

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Avijit C
Marseille, France
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Nice hotel, in full line with the Mercure 4-stars brand - I stayed 5 nights and days locked in the hotel for business - the whole building has been renovated quite recently, and rooms are trendy. WiFi is a bit slow... as everywhere else. Because you are in Paris outskirts (10 min drive from Orly by hotel courtesy shuttle), rooms are much larger than most hotels in downtown Paris (such as the Mercure Tour Eiffel), which is quite appreciable (I mean "larger" by french standards - I guess that U.S. guests will find them quite small). The surroundings is just ugly, because the hotel is located between wharehouses, motorways, gaz stations and industrial zones - it's quite upsetting to stay in such a depressing environement while being only few miles away only from one of the most beautiful city in the world - but I guess you don't chose The Mercure Rungis for romance, just for business or because you are on transit in Orly and that you missed your connection. The breakfast is good, on the 15th floor (nice view on the parisian loop, if you like industrial landscapes bring your camera) - the restaurant is quite fine, apparently they have a good chef. The staff is highly professional. Overall, this is a great hotel in an ugly place - beware, there is another Mercure called "Mercure Orly" nearby - did not try this latest one, but from the outside, it looks like a budget Super-8 motel - so if I were you, I will chose the Mercure Rungis instead. And beware again, Mercure Orly and Mercure Rungis have two separate courtesy shuttles on two different banks at Orly... don't take the wrong one as I did!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank jo_cicco
Newbury
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I arrived about 10pm and got on the shuttle bus. There are two Mercure hotels in Orly - both with Orly in the name and guess what? I got on the wrong bus. Now what makes this more galling is that I specifically phoned up in the morning to find out the transfer arrangements and I followed the receptionists instructions - and at no point did she say that there are two hotels and two bus stops.

At first I though this was just me being an idiot - but when I arrived at the wrong hotel there were three other people in reception that had done the same thing. Not only that, three of my colleagues had made the same mistake on three separate occasions on the same day.

Having waited half an hour for the shuttle bus I arrived at the wrong hotel - bear in mind this is now 10.30pm and after queuing up at reception the suggested action was to get the shuttle back to the airport and get on the right bus. At best this was unhelpful. I got a cab which the hotel arranged which cost 40 Euros. I think I was stitched up.

When I finally arrived at the right hotel at 10.50pm I asked to get some food and the reception referred me to the bar. The staff in the bar were extremely unhelpful and offhand - and when we went to get a drink the following day they were just the same. They made a point of serving all the French guests first - irrespective of when they had sat down. I don't know why this was a surprise because I have encountered this kind of Parisian dismissiveness before.

On the second night the air conditioning was blowing warm air so I didn't get any sleep.

All round not a great experience. (I'm sure the management will post some kind of platitudes in response - but really the best thing they could do is take some action to address the two main points)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lila M, Responsable réception at Mercure Paris Orly Rungis Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Sir or Madam,

We thank you for having taken time to draft your opinion, which is moreover transmitted to all teams.

First of all, we apologize to you for the inconveniences you have met during your stay. We are sorry to learn that the service was not up to your expectations.

As regards the shuttle, it is specified well on the bus stop as well on the shuttle "zone hôtelière Rungis”, but we can understand that if you do not know about the 2 Mercure in the district, you can make the mistake.

For the restaurant, your comment was transmitted on to the Hotel manager and the restaurant manager, who will do the necessary to the teams to correct these points.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you very soon for you next stay with us.

Looking forward to welcoming you shortly in one of the hotels of the Mercure network.

Yours sincerely,

Lucie FREMY-LE CORRE
Chef de Réception
Bratislava, Slovakia
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for one night only and I would rate it much better if the reception was more helpful and flexible, furniture was not outdated and if I was able to use bathtube (broken plug). Otherwise, my room was very quiet, spacious, with comfy big bed, toilet separate from bathroom, coffee/tea making amenities, small fridge and safe, flat TV... I had a great sleep and in the morning I enjoyed quick continental breakfast with nice view. If your office is located in Rungis area, or you travel from/to Olrly airport, I can recommend this hotel with no doubts.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lila M, Chef de Réception at Mercure Paris Orly Rungis Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Madam,

Thank you for having taken the time to give us your views on your stay in our hotel.

My team and I are very grateful for your remarks. They will encourage us to maintain our efforts so that the services we provide for you fully meet your expectations.
We would like to have a precision on your comment in relation to the reception; you could get in contact with myself, Lucie FREMY-LE CORRE by e-mail h1298@accor.com, to specify me this element, so that I can bring you an answer more clarified.

Yours sincerely,

Lucie FREMY-LE CORRE
Front Desk Manager
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Just had a very pleasant one night stay at this hotel. It's near to our Paris offices.
Reservation had been made by my assistant. Very nice welcome at the reception even at late arrival. The superior room (nr 307) is very spacious, tastefully decorated and offers a nice view. The bed was bit hard but I had a very good noght sleep. The bathroom has a walk-in shower. Fresh bottles of water are complementary.
The breakfast buffet was good with a variety of products. The separate section with BIO products is a plus.

Additional plus point:
I forgot my iPad in the room. The hotel called me during the morning and I was able to recuperate it. Many thanks for that.

Room Tip: The superior rooms cost only 10€ more that standard rooms. They're more than worth it.