“Do not stay here ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Roissy-en-France
Dublin
“Do not stay here ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

Got delayed due to Air France's incompetence in running an airline. At transfer desk we were told this was a "family run B&B in Paris" and "it would be a treat". Small problem with these statements "it is not a B&B, it is not family run, it is not in Paris and it was not a treat". it is a run down budget hotel. Food and beverages are via vending machines, except for breakfast which was passable. It is on an industrial estate outside the airport nowhere near Paris. Room was so small we had to push the beds together to get in either side. TV was out of the Arc (14 inch portable). A cell in the local prison was probably more comfortable.
To be avoided at all costs.
T&G Dublin

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank jerhughes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2010

We were unfortunately incarcerated in this hotel after our CDG flight was cancelled on account of the recent inclement weather. We were charged the rate for a four person room. There are no dining facilities other than a buffet breakfast lounge. Even a food dispensing machine was out of commission. There are no convenient alternate dining facilities in the immediate neighbourhood. There was no soap in the bathroom and no plug in the handbasin. The bed linen barely covered the top of the mattress. The TV did not work. Phone access to the room is at the discretion of the desk clerk and our wake up call was not acknowledged. Although boasting a 'free' convenient shuttle from CDG every twenty minutes, no shuttle appeared while we waited 90 minutes at the airport and we finally took a taxi. Even so the 'free shuttle' appears as 'vente navette' for 5 euros on the bill!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank raulyruth2016
oslo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2010

I stayed here for one night, as I missed my plain back home after a business trip. It was quite late in the evening and at the airport I was told that the hotel cost 50 Euro for a night. When I arrived, they tell me they only have a 4-bed room left, and charged me 110 Euro for it.

The next morning I had to use the internet, to get my new ticket from my email. IT says they have free wifi, but I couldn't get on it. No help from the front desk.

When I waited for the shuttle outside the hotel, the next morning, I saw their huge sign, promoting rooms for 50 Euro.... They had taken off the stickers from the night before, where the rooms then cost the double.

I think they exploit people in need, and hike up the prices to the double, when it gets late. And they lure people there from the airport, saying it is cheap.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2010

I was on my way back to Canada from funeral. I had stop over in Paris, and since i was with limited mobility i requested medical assistance at airport Charls de Gaule. The medical stuff from Airport made phone call and made reservation at hotel and give me ride to BB Roissy Charles de Gaule around 11:30pm.

At the hotel I was greeted with FD staff, they found my reservation and i give them my Visa Card but it did not went trough (the visa office blocked my care because of security reason, i did not informed them i am traveling ... ), so I gave them my MC (with electronic chip, did not workde out because i was not sure of my PIN).

Rack rate was 50 Euros, and I offered them the bill of 200 Euros to settle account, but was refused (we do not have change -- how pathetic) and was advised by Front Desk Clerk to go outside and find change by myself (I could hardly move with 2 crutches and crushed knee). In question can i pay in USA or Canadian $ ... the answer was the sam "NO".

When i asked Front Desk Agent "can you please let me use your phone to make collect call to my Visa and talk to them to unblock my account?" the answer was NO.
Could not believe my ears ... i was speachless. They let me sleep on street ... (cash does not work in Paris)

So I used my MC on pay phone which did not required PIN and made call and had security block lifted from Visa so I could pay my stay ..... well the bill on my MC was 121 USA $ for 20 min ... 5.9$ per minute + 14$ connection fees.

I would never go back to that hotel nor recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank ExoticDestination
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

I would NEVER stay at B&B again! Upon laying down in bed and placing my head on the pillow I realized I was in for a miserable night. My pillow smelled like someone had sat upon it after using the toilet without wiping. The air conditioning unit dripped water all night long. Fortunately, my baggage was slightly off to the side of the leak! There were no electrical outlets to charge my cell phone except for one on the floor far from my bed and one in the bathroom. There was no hand or shower soap provided by the hotel. All around, it was a miserable experience!

• Stayed September 2010
3 Thank Ledgediver
Noordwijk, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2010

If you are looking for a basic hotel for an attractive price take this.
- good beds
- quit rooms
- good shower
- clean
- walking distance from local roissy restaurants
- perfect internet connection
- good breakfast buffet at E 5.95

No design/bright colours just all basics right

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Salamanca
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2010

This hotel is a kind of big bed and breakfast. It costs between 50 and 80 euros per night, and that is not expensive to be Roissy, but the rooms are really small (like a ship´s cabin) and no place to leave luggage. The shuttle bus costs 5 euros each way. The wifi is free but you have to send a text message from your cell phone to activate it. OK fjust or one night.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business